Train Derailment

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Currently working on Westy FD Channel 2 (04-041) primarily.

No HazMat cargo per train crew. No large leaks reported at this time.

Westy Command advising they may need Mutual Aid from surrounding agencies for other calls if they are toned.

Train is derailed near Independance Dr. and Wads. (Approx 9800 Wadsworth). According to mapping software, BN tracks curve right there from NW to N

Last edited:

rckydenver

Alot of cars are stopping, requesting officers for traffic control. Media now on scene as well.

Thanks datainmotion for the correct address.

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Westy PD with 2-3 individuals to be questioned by their detectives and BN Police in connection with derailment.
Westy PD referring to "stump or entire tree" lodged under locomotive #1

Last edited:

rckydenver

Westy PD with 2-3 individuals to be questioned by their detectives and BN Police in connection with derailment.
Westy PD rerferring to "stump or entire tree" lodged under locomotive #1

I heard earlier what one of the officers said for another possible cause but i'll hold off on that..Speculation..

Thanks datainmotion for helping on this, i'm rusty on this. Been awhile.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I could use some WD-40 on this myself :)
I've heard some conjecture on this as well. Only time will tell on the official cause...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
WESTMINSTER - Police are trying to determine if someone is to blame for an overnight train derailment.
Advertisement

According to investigators on the scene, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) train derailed at 10:36 p.m. on Monday at the intersection of Wadsworth Parkway and 95th Avenue.

Police said the train struck debris and pushed it 3,000 yards before coming to a stop.

Three employees from BNSF were on board, and one was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries, according to police.

Westminster Police Investigator Trevor Materasso said they quickly accounted for the 37 rail cars that were still attached. They were able to identify four locomotives that were not transporting hazardous material. Firefighters from the Westminster Fire Department were also able to seal a small fuel leak, he said.

"It could have been a lot worse," Materasso said. "We didn't have to evacuate any residents."

Police are asking commuters to avoid the area throughout the day while they continue to investigate and clean up debris.

Status
Not open for further replies.