Tram 1150 2M 5/8 NMO mount antenna cutting chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4WAV

I just thought that I would post the Tram 1150 2M 5/8 wave NMO mount antenna cutting chart since I could not find one online. I did not get one when I purchased the antenna, but The Antenna Farm was very, very quick to email me one after I called.

W4WAV

Attachments

• 1150cut chart.jpg
    1150cut chart.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 7,288

busher12

where did you measure from to cut? top of whip to bottom of whip (actuall whip) , or top of whip to top of base? the one i have goes into the base about an inch or so, and i have no idea where to measure to. thanks

W4WAV

I measured the whip itself and let it bottom out in the base mount before tightening the set screw. SWR's at 145 mHz are about 1.2:1. If it needs to be a tad longer you can always move it up a couple of fractions before tightening the set screw.

Hope this helps,

73 - W4WAV

LtDoc

It's the length of the 'whip', so measure from the tip toward the bottom. That inch that goes into the base ferule is for 'fine' adjustments. It also doesn't hurt to keep things sort of 'long' to start with and take small 'bites' to adjust length. It takes longer, but it tends to be more 'accurate' that way (at least for me).
- 'Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.