Transciever RF Antenna Connection out direct to PC Connection in???

paulears

You do NOT extend the RF, you extend the data the RF carries. So at the vehicle end you control the RF transmitter with external data. I.e. the controller connects to the computer. At the remote computer, you connect a control to it, and the internet transfers it. Like the lighting control i used as an example. I can connect to the lighting control in my theatre from home via my phone. We do the same with lights in our house. We dont try to remote the electricity, just the control. So forget the idea of trying to extend the RF. you still need a transmitter, so use one in a commercial radio control unit.

a quick check reveals most transmitters have serial ports so a computer would interface easily. Some appear to have two way serial ports so moving the controls generates data, and receiving data sends it to the model. If this really is the case, then a computer geek could connect the two over the internet, job done. I couldn't do this, but i know a few people who could. They do RS232 links for commercial purposes all the time.