Transcripts of Fire Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquajoc

Premium Subscriber
Hi

I am an insurance adjuster looking for transcripts of fire calls in certain counties. Are there transcripts available anywhere that could be key word searched for words like "Fire"?

Thanks!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

aquajoc said:
Hi

I am an insurance adjuster looking for transcripts of fire calls in certain counties. Are there transcripts available anywhere that could be key word searched for words like "Fire"?

Thanks!
Not that I am aware of.

The agencies are, typically, not interested in transcripts of radio traffic. The agencies are, typically, going to be concerned with the reports generated by their staff.

Transcripts might be made, if going to court, of whatever recordings are subpoenaed.

tampabaynews

Premium Subscriber
I can only speak for Florida, but 911 calls and radio traffic recordings are public record (minus names, addresses, and phone numbers). You can make a request for a CD of recordings and make your own transcripts. Agencies are not obligated to compile records for you that don't already exist. Like I said, that's how it works in Florida but I'm sure it's the same for other states as well. Look up the pubic records laws in whatever state you're interested in.

dintimid8or

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm curious how a transcript would affect an insurance claim?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
This would depend on if the dispatch center is municipal, or private. Government agencies are subject to FOIA requests, where private entities are not. (My agency is dispatched by a local non-profit EMS agency.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I was a bit curious about that, too. My best guess is that the insurance company would be trying to show proof of something to lower the amount paid on the claim.

Maybe there are accusations that the fire attack was inadequate, and trying to get the jurisdiction liable for part of the damage costs, instead of the insurance company.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm curious how a transcript would affect an insurance claim?
"Engine 51 on scene, there is a strong odor of gasoline in the residence"

Status
Not open for further replies.