Transfer/copy Win96/97 From One Comuter To Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSERABBIT

First off, I am not trying to pirate anything.
I have downloaded legally Win96 & Win97 to my desk computer. I have recenty acquired a laptop. I would like to know if there is any legal way to copy these files onto the laptap, and if so, how to do it sucessfully. I still have my keys from Starsoft. Any reply would be appriciated, even if is "You can't do it." I DO NOT intend to break any copyright law.

pinetree

I have done it with both I use the downloaded file for both my main comp and my backup. The key is used in both.

richrowl

I did this with Win96 and 97. Using the mouse I right clicked the icons on the desk computer then clicked the "SEND TO" tab. From here I sent 96 and 97 to a jump drive storage device. From here you can have portability to any computer with the jump drive or simply use the same SEND TO method and install on another computer. All the original files and data transferred with no problem.

Good luck and enjoy

rpowley

richrowl said:
I did this with Win96 and 97. Using the mouse I right clicked the icons on the desk computer then clicked the "SEND TO" tab. From here I sent 96 and 97 to a jump drive storage device. From here you can have portability to any computer with the jump drive or simply use the same SEND TO method and install on another computer. All the original files and data transferred with no problem.

Good luck and enjoy
I have done basically the same thing, having all of my downloaded scanner software and back up scanner files on DVD. Easy to install on other units.

Status
Not open for further replies.