Transfering a database to remote scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I work with three scanners. At home, I am running a bcd996t on ProScan software.
I have finally configured the database to just were I like it.
Now I want to transfer that database and configuration to the scanners I listen to at work.

At work I monitor a bcd996xt and bcd996t.
Both scanners are at a remote location. I monitor them via the internet from my office using ProScan client.
Can I email or copy with a thumb drive, some kind of file obtained from my 996t at home, and take it to my office and configure those two scanners located at the remote location from my office?

What is the easiest way to do this, without going to the location of the remote scanners?

Also, will the bcd996t database work on the bcd9996xt? I know I had to create band plans on the 996t and not the xt.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
U/L DB using Proscan

I work with three scanners. At home, I am running a bcd996t on ProScan software.
I have finally configured the database to just were I like it.
Now I want to transfer that database and configuration to the scanners I listen to at work.

At work I monitor a bcd996xt and bcd996t.
Both scanners are at a remote location. I monitor them via the internet from my office using ProScan client.
Can I email or copy with a thumb drive, some kind of file obtained from my 996t at home, and take it to my office and configure those two scanners located at the remote location from my office?

What is the easiest way to do this, without going to the location of the remote scanners?

Also, will the bcd996t database work on the bcd9996xt? I know I had to create band plans on the 996t and not the xt.

If the remote scanners are streaming scanner over IP you can log on with the password and u/l your database information from home. PROSCAN can be installed on 2 computers and you need the FULL version to U/L the database. As far as the T vs the XT I don't remember as I sold my 996T a while ago.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Full Version?

I don't have access to my work computers from home. The remote location and the office clients are connected via microwave link. I am hoping to email some kind of file to the remote computer and upload them remotely. (I have a vpn connection)

I am probably making this more complicated that it needs to be.

My question is.. what file can I copy from my home scanner. And what process to i need to go through to upload it on the other scanners, assuming I can place that file on the desktop of the remote computer..

Is it a USAD file? And how do I find that file? Is it just the "name of file .txt" that I have on the scanner at home?

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Proscan can create a Database Txt file which you could send to the other computer if you can then access them and install it in PS remotely.

cg

Premium Subscriber
My remote scanners are usually programmed via ProScan (full versions) over the internet. However, if I need to replace the entire database I will utilize Remote Desktop Connection after sending the file to myself via Yahoo Mail. I then take control of the remote computer, open my browser, download the file, reprogram the file via ProScan, and then log off. The only reason I do it this way is that ProScan takes 15 minutes or so to reprogram via the internet when using 25% of the memory. Doing it locally is much faster.
If I am editing only 1 system, I will delete the system remotely and then upload only that one system.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.