Transferring Frequencies from the FCC Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello-

I have a BCD436HP and been trying to find frequencies for the following agencies-

1. Ravalli County Electric Co-op.

2. Northwestern Energy - Ravalli County and Missoula County.

I don't see any utilities listed in the RR Database, although I can find them on the FCC Database.
The FCC database does have the Lat/Long for each station.
I was thinking of manually entering the frequencies,and their Lat/Long into my favorites list.

What do you guys think?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If they aren't in the Radio Reference Database yet, and you want to listen to the traffic, that is your only choice. Once you verify the freqs actually in use (not just in the FCC database) and the usage, submit them to RR so they can be added. Remember the entries in the database have been submitted by members, not from FCC files.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You'd most definitely wanna add these by hand/sentinel if you want to discover if they are active.
these appear to be conventional NFM
could be some DMR emissions as well
this one might be data only..
11K0F1DNarrowband data, type of data not specified
may not be listenable on a scanner but what the heck, won't know till you try..

Last edited:

AlaskaRadar

So in Montana in the Ravalli area, Northwestern Energy uses MPT 1327 by Tait Radio. I am not real familiar with BCD436HP but am pretty sure there is not a scanner that decodes that trunking properlly. I have had to use a SDR and some open source software (if i recall) to even see traffic on NWE.

As for Ravalli County Electric Co-op. their home office is miles from my house and i can see if i can detemine the trunking format for them and will check in later.

You'd most definitely wanna add these by hand/sentinel if you want to discover if they are active.

Thanks.

What about the latitude and longitude needed to enter into the scanner?

I could not find these in the RR database, to put them in my scanner.
Where are they at and how do I download them?

I am a premium member, does that help?

Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I could not find these in the RR database, to put them in my scanner.
Where are they at and how do I download them?

These are in the FCC database NOT the RR database, you must click on the link write down/print out/cut and paste the list of frequencies and enter them through Sentinel or by hand. Once you verify they are good and what they are being used for you can submit them to RR and they will be added to the database.

Last edited:

BobFam

I have a question related to frequencies like these. Is there any way to copy the lists and cut and paste into the scanner using Sentinel. I have never found an easy way. Sorry for hijacking this thread, Bob.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@BobFam I do not know the Sentinel program, so I can't answer the easy way. My suggestion is you go to the page and experiment.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
These are in the FCC database NOT the RR database, you must click on the link write down/print out the list of frequencies and enter them through Sentinel or by hand. Once you verify they are good and what they are being used for you can submit them to RR and they will be added to the database.

Sentinel won't accept cut & paste? If not, use one of the 3'rd party scanner programming softwares available.

BobFam

Sentinel won't accept cut & paste? If not, use one of the 3'rd party scanner programming softwares available.
OK Thanks. I was looking for an easy way to do it rather than printing the list and entering each one manually. Bob.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You can copy/paste one frequency at a time from the license web page into an FL on Sentinel. There is no easy way.
The RR DB was built one frequency at a time from user submissions doing just like you're gonna do.. ;)

BobFam

You can copy/paste one frequency at a time from the license web page into an FL on Sentinel. There is no easy way.
The RR DB was built one frequency at a time from user submissions doing just like you're gonna do.. ;)
OK. Thanks. Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.