Transferring recordings to iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I do not believe you are able to. (they are in a non-standard proprietary format)

You can use a digital recorder, or website like soundcloud, to record them and play them back as you wish.

(Edit: if you use a digital recorder, you will then be able to transfer the resulting files to your computer via USB or SDCard)

Last edited:

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Icom says you can do it... If you purchase their adapter (described below from Icom's R20 specs)-
Built-in 260 minute Digital (audio) recorder
The IC-R20 has a built-in 32MB Digital (audio) recorder*1, which allows you to record received audio for up to 260 minutes. The IC recorder is useful in a variety of ways, like recording wireless microphone audio at a meeting. Recording qualities are selectable from HQ, SP and LP modes and playing speed is adjustable from ×0.5 to ×1.5. Used with the optional CS-R20, you can transfer the recorded contents to your PC and store them*2.

*1 Records received radio audio only
Cannot record external speech etc
*2 Cannot play recorded contents on your computer

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
That is for a PC, not a Mac.

I guess you could buy Windows7 and dual boot, but that would be more expensive, problematic, and all around tougher then using the cable to "Record" in to a digital recorder. ( then you could transfer it as a playable file to your Mac.)

I thought maybe I could try to get the recording on my R20 on to an SD card. The iMac has an SD slot, but its uploading the recording from the R20 to the SD card is the problem.

What is a digital recorder?

Could I somehow get it into iTunes? I know my iTunes has accepted my CD's. There must be a way somehow.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Here's a digital recorder that I know works with the r20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOXJmQi90Bw
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=960

You would do it this way:

A)Connect the Edirol R-09 recorder with a stereo 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male lead with a stereo to mono adaptor at the IC-R20 end.

B)I usually record in pure 16 bit WAV format on the R-09. Then I can easily transfer these to my PC or Mac either via the USB lead or by removing the Edirol's SD chip and using a card reader.

It's the only way I've figured out how to do it(Create playable files transferable to a comp.), due to the proprietary way(File type) the R20 records

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
No problem, just happy to help a fellow radio enthusiast! :)

Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.