Transferring .x36 hpe files SDHC card to a SDS200E .hpe file SDHC card via clean slate

G’day mates,
OK, I’ve been using a UBCD536-PT (BCD536-HP) with no problems whatsoever and I love it. The question is I’m thinking about getting a SDS200E and not living in the US or Canada I have to do most my programming via clean slate or by hand as I can’t use the RRDB.

I have worked on and made my favourites lists and frequency’s for somewhat over 25 years and have got it to way I want it.

What would be the best way to transfer my 536 fav’s list and other programs on my x36 SDHC card to a SDS SDHC card to suit the SDS200E’s scanner.

I don’t want to do it by hand as it would take 2 whole days behind a PC.

I know you can open the .hpe files via ã spreadsheet or notepad. Maybe I can cut and paste from my x36 .hpe files to the new SDS .hpe files.

What would happen if I just put the 536’s SDHC card straight into a SDS200E scanner.?

As I have never done this before any information would be helpful.

Cheers,

Anthony.

G’day mates,
OK, I’ve been using a UBCD536-PT (BCD536-HP) with no problems whatsoever and I love it. The question is I’m thinking about getting a SDS200E and not living in the US or Canada I have to do most my programming via clean slate or by hand as I can’t use the RRDB.

I have worked on and made my favourites lists and frequency’s for somewhat over 25 years and have got it to way I want it.

What would be the best way to transfer my 536 fav’s list and other programs on my x36 SDHC card to a SDS SDHC card to suit the SDS200E’s scanner.

I don’t want to do it by hand as it would take 2 whole days behind a PC.

I know you can open the .hpe files via ã spreadsheet or notepad. Maybe I can cut and paste from my x36 .hpe files to the new SDS .hpe files.

What would happen if I just put the 536’s SDHC card straight into a SDS200E scanner.?

As I have never done this before any information would be helpful.

Cheers,

Anthony.
What I’m going to try is, I’m going to download the SDS200 Sentinel program and try and read the SDHC card from my 536. I think this would be the safest way to see if the program will accept it.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
do you have the file for the 536 saved on your computer somewhere, if so the download proscan and install it. run proscan, import the 536 file into proscan, then upload it into the 200. easy pieze.

do you have the file for the 536 saved on your computer somewhere, if so the download proscan and install it. run proscan, import the 536 file into proscan, then upload it into the 200. easy pieze.
Yes I do have the file downloaded on my PC which Sentinel does automatically by just pressing on sav after you finish updating the program. I haven’t used Proscan, but I’ll give it a try.
Thanks.

SirSkinny

Just an FYI
Proscan will not be able to read the 536-PT favorites from the sd card, the format of the files
is slightly different, so when you read in the sd card the favorites will be blank and the same thing
happens when you try and write to the sd card, might be easier to export each file/list (.hpe) and then import,
that is one way to covert between the different versions of Sentinel UBCDx and BCDx.

Last edited:

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure a lot of people will say this won't work but I have done this for years programming 436 x2, 536 x2, SDS100 & SDS200 plus multiple backup cards with no problems. No program required. Connect your source (the 536) to the computer as mass storage or just the card in a card reader. It will show as a drive. Open that drive. Open the BCDx36HP folder (name may differ.) Copy the favorites lists folder and save it on the computer. Close all and eject the card reader or radio. Connect the SDS200 or the card in a reader. It will show as a drive. Open that drive. Open the SDS200 folder (again the name may differ.) Delete the favorites list folder. Go back to the SDS200 folder. Paste the saved favorites list from the 536 to the SDS200 folder. Done.

Ubbe

I'm sure a lot of people will say this won't work but I have done this for years programming 436 x2, 536 x2, SDS100 & SDS200 plus multiple backup cards with no problems.
The favorite lists are identical among those models. The only difference are that there's one additional parameter for the filter settings in SDS versions that are added as the last thing on a line that the x36 models doesn't care about. It's perfectly fine to share the same FL's between models.

/Ubbe

SirSkinny

I have just run a test using Sentinel version for the SDS100E and SDS200E it only has 2 target models
it will not read the UBCD536-PT or UBCD436-PT sd card, there is no option to show all drives, but it will read
the BCD536-HP and BCD436-HP and copy favorite's in.

Copying the UBCD536-PT folder over to a US or EU version of Sentinel has no effect you end up with a
blank list, same thing happens with Proscan, only the AU version of Sentinel will read/write to the PT models
But you can export the favorites one by one and then import them into any US or EU version of the software.

There is also another method to remedy the issue and that is to edit the f_list.cfg in FavoriteLists folder using
a hex editor which will enable you to do what Railbender posted above.