Transiting the GTA - which systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
We'll be transiting the GTA tomorrow, west to east, on the 401 (unless the 407 is finished at the east end and still isn't billing out of state plates :))

I've got TEMS' EDACS "Main" system in the ol' 396. Is that system still in use - I see the TGs on the PS system, too.

What about the TFS' SmartZone system? Can I get away with just dumping all the control channels (and TGs) in and still hear mostly all the fire stuff?

Don't give a hoot about the boys in blue (sorry).

Peter

mciupa

TEMS EDACS is still being used.
Fire is dispatched from Site 001 (South) but then is assigned a TAC channel to the appropriate geo - zone . E.G. West TAC 1 , East TAC 1 ,...etc.

To hear only fire , just program your scan lists with at least the first six dispatch tg's and
all of the TAC tg's for each geo- zone. 407 ends at Brock ,BTW at it's eastern terminus.

From reading your posts , I think you're on a scanning safari , correct ? :wink:

plaws

Premium Subscriber
mciupa said:
TEMS EDACS is still being used.

OK, thanks. I needn't bother with the PS system EMS groups then, right?

mciupa said:
Fire is dispatched from Site 001 (South) but then is assigned a TAC channel to the appropriate geo - zone . E.G. West TAC 1 , East TAC 1 ,...etc.

To hear only fire , just program your scan lists with at least the first six dispatch tg's and
all of the TAC tg's for each geo- zone.

OK, well, I just loaded ALL the channels marked as control channels for the Motorola PS system and put in all the Dispatch and "Command" (I gather that would be a Division somewhere else with Districts or Battalions under each Command?). Plus the Training and Common channels while I was at it. Think I'll get it "all" or at least most?

mciupa said:
From reading your posts , I think you're on a scanning safari , correct ? :wink:

I'm always on a scanning safari ... :) But it's a family thing in Montreal ...

mciupa

plaws said:
OK, thanks. I needn't bother with the PS system EMS groups then, right?
No , mostly it is hospital destination assignment and off-load delays of patients.

OK, well, I just loaded ALL the channels marked as control channels for the Motorola PS system and put in all the Dispatch and "Command" (I gather that would be a Division somewhere else with Districts or Battalions under each Command?). Plus the Training and Common channels while I was at it. Think I'll get it "all" or at least most?

You are in good shape :)

I'm always on a scanning safari ... :) But it's a family thing in Montreal ...

Cheers , have a safe trip !

Status
Not open for further replies.