Transitioning from a PRO106 to TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Well, I pulled the proverbial trigger and ordered myself a brand new TRX-1. My old trusty 106 started having reception issues caused by something inside the scanner.

I'm curious how folks have transitioned to a new setup to EZ-Scan and TRX-1. I have everything set up just the way I like it with my 106 and ARC-500, and would like to make the transition as smooth as possible. I have downloaded the EZScan software, and tried to paste from clipboard method, but for some reason it does not paste the channel alpha tags. Does anyone have tips on how to make the transition quicker? I suppose I can download channels from the DB, and then change them around the way I want, but I really don't want to jump to that right away.

Another question regarding trunking systems. I see in EZ scan you can enter sites to the system, is there a limit on how many sites I can enter? A statewide system here has quite a few sites - and I'm curious whether I should enter the whole thing and L/O sites for V-folders for different areas, or just split it up by areas.

Thanks for all the input.

Joseph11

It was super easy to copy and paste from Win500 into EZScan. Some stuff needed to be adjusted, but most things went over no problem. It took me about 4 hours to get everything right.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
You're right - I've been playing around with it last few hours, and I've been able to export .csv data from ARC500 to EZ scan pretty easily, with some minor editing. Glad this is coming along.

Status
Not open for further replies.