Transitioning from Pro-107 to WS-1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreykopp

Hi. I upgraded due to the transition to Phase II in my area.

On my Pro-107, I could browse my playlists to select or unselect talkgroups (i.e., PPB North, PPB Southeast, Milwaukie). How can I do that on the WS-1080? What are Scan Sets?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Transitioning from Pro-107 to WS1080

You can look at *browse objects to toggle through scanlists to look at individual "objects" As for Scan-SETS? Those are an alternate method to quickly change to different scan-list GROUPs you want to hear. Instead of turning off many lists you can set up a Scan-SET ahead of time in EZScan software for say... just the local area instead of ALL your lists. Remember, ONE SCAN-SET = 200 Scanlists
You can have another SCAN-SET with just two or three scan-lists. It's a quick way to listen and group scanlists.
HERE is an example of my SCAN-SET on EZSCAN. Scan-SET 02 is my local set with just a few scanlists

http://forums.radioreference.com/wh...anlist-programming-questions.html#post2656451

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffreykopp

I have been poking around in EZ-Scan, thinking of setting up my own scanlists, but it appears the only way to add a channel is by talkgroup number. I don't recall having to do that with i-scan.

troymail

Silent Key
I have been poking around in EZ-Scan, thinking of setting up my own scanlists, but it appears the only way to add a channel is by talkgroup number. I don't recall having to do that with i-scan.

I'm pretty sure the functionality is very similar if not the same between the two for trunk systems - the primary difference is the additional of digital trunking modes.

For trunk systems (even for those the PRO-107 handled), you need to program (or import) talkgroup IDs and/or use a "wildcard" object. The radio will then look for matching talkgroup IDs across the set of trunked frequencies for the system.

For conventional frequencies, generally, you only need to program the frequency.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Use the IMPORT tab at the top of EZScan. That's where the Radio REF frequencies are imported to your scanlists from. And make sure to clear out all the old categories like "Law, multi-dispatch, fire, etc.." because you want to make your own Scan-Lists. Use the Preferred setting on the drop-down scroll and go by STATE or County. Importing a Trunked System? you always get TRUNKED system FIRST, then SITE closest to you, then fill in the talk-groups you want that operate on that site. Everything you import will always go to the DEFAULT scanlist 001 *or whatever you name it* unless you tell it different. Example: Make a scanlist for your county, Import all the stuff for that. Then name scanlist 002 something else, IMPORT what you want to that making sure you SELECT it and unselect scanlist 001.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.