SDS100/SDS200: Transmission Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter2

What does it mean when instead of voice or actual conversation, its just a sound like blowing air for the duration of the transmit?

Dexter2

Does RR show it as encrypted?
Or, an open mic maybe?
Is this intermittent, or a regular occurrence?

No encryption, I would say intermittent. When it happens on unused channels, I found it to be open mics. But, on a regular channel where the UID's show as a regular conversation thats when I noticed I didn't hear anything.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
It may be a form of encryption, possibly recently added? It sounds like what you might hear from an agency radio such as the Secret Service. RR database is not always updated in a timely fashion or always correct. Most of the time it is, but there are errors, omissions on occasion.

Dexter2

Thank you for that. Is there a way to save a UID from the UID Logger to the scanner incase I missed some?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that. Is there a way to save a UID from the UID Logger to the scanner incase I missed some?
Not sure but I would imagine if you have it entered into the program software and saved it should write to the scanner? If that doesn’t work, I do recall a separate file for certain settings (maybe UID’s are saved to that file?) but I’ve never used it. Hopefully someone better versed in that particular programming function will post here...

Status
Not open for further replies.