• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Transmission stops when car turns on

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhadresh

I own BaoFeng UV-82C. I am facing strange issue with this device. I stop receiving transmission when I turn on my car or put the car on ACC (battery on). I start receiving the transmission as soon as the battery is turned off.

Is this because the car's inbuilt antenna (for music system) is interfering with the signal?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Many of the newer vehicles have built-in computers that emit a low-level, broad-banded signal when operating. This signal might be strong enough to overwhelm the receiver in your Baofeng. The same thing is likely to happen with the PC in your house when you get close to it.

The chinese radios have a reputation for very sensitive (but not so selective) receivers. Try some other frequencies to see if the same thing happens.

John AC4JK

bhadresh

Thanks for your help.

This makes clear that there is something to do with the vehicle and not the radio.

But still the issue is open and no concrete solution is available.

I happen to be working for Chrysler :) I will try to reach the correct department and try to explain the issue. Hope I get a solution.

Once again thanks for all your help :)

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Other possible solutions...

1) Use an external antenna for the 2-way, and mount it as far away as possible from the vehicle computer (wherever that might be);

2) Try a different radio. Perhaps you could borrow one from a friend to experiment.
(Hint: Mobile radios are often much better at rejecting spurious signals).

John AC4JK

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Try a different radio. The low budget chicom radios aren't a reason for Chrysler to really even look into the matter. Note if it is occurring with commercial grade equipment like what would be seen in the business and public safety sectors it would be worth seriously resolving.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

a417

there's that time honored test (ha!) of borrowing a handheld radio, taking the antenna off it and sweeping it around the car. If you open squelch on a usually quiet channel, listen to the static. See if it gets louder in areas, quieter in others...play around, something is desensing that unit, barring the fact that it's NOT a defective unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.