Transmit and Receive Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaruiz02

Does anybody know a good data base for receive along with transmit frequency's. I am trying to make sure our programmed frequency information is up to date for our surround county agency's.

Thanks

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Does anybody know a good data base for receive along with transmit frequency's. I am trying to make sure our programmed frequency information is up to date for our surround county agency's.

Thanks

Do you mean for your counties public safety radios?

Only reliable source for that would be from the agency you have the agreement with. FCC licenses won't show CTCSS/DCS codes. RadioReference has a lot of data gathered by scanner listeners over years and years, some of it is out of date, some of it is incorrect, and some of it just doesn't exist.

Adding other agencies radio frequencies to your radios should involve a memorandum of understanding with the other agency. FCC rules require that. When the MOU is signed, there should be some exchange of valid programming data. Any other source may not be accurate and may result in missed traffic.

bharvey2

On some systems listed on the RR database, there is often a drop down menu that allows you to "unhide" the input frequencies. In other cases like on trunked systems, there may be industry standard offsets for those inputs.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø

Thanks

Why don't you just ask the surrounding county agencies for their information and do a radio check?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If they are a legitimate user of the other agencies systems, relying on information from a scanner hobbyist website should not be required and would be negligent to use it for programming radios.
If people rely on the radios, getting it from the source is the correct way to do it.
Memorandum of Understanding should exist between the agencies, this is usually signed by both chiefs/head of agency. A simple phone call would answer the question and assure you are getting accurate and up to date information.

If there isn't a valid MOU, there should be. If he has authority/authorization to be on their channels, this should never have made it to a hobby website. If they don't have authorization to use their channels, then that's an FCC violation and runs against common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.