• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Transmitter Power Drop on Btech UV 50X2 50W Dual Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8DVR

The BTECHS use a final rated at 6 watts! These are rebadged QYT radios that have custom firmware. They use an A5m06 as it's output transistor. A very bad design flaw. I'm seeing on my Facebook group for the BTECH 25X4 that failures are essentially an epidemic. I actually just reported this flaw to BTECH, since it was fresh on my mind. The sheer number of failures justify my contacting them.

Last edited:

KD8DVR

The BTECHS use a final rated at 6 watts! These are rebadged QYT radios that have custom firmware. They use an A5m06 as it's output transistor. A very bad design flaw. I'm seeing on my Facebook group for the BTECH 25X4 that failures are essentially an epidemic. I actually just reported this flaw to BTECH, since it was fresh on my mind. The sheer number of failures justify my contacting them.

Got answer from BTECH. They use an A5M16, so it isn't a 6 watt final. I can't find a datasheet, so I don't really know what the a5m16 does. 16 watts? QYT still uses the lower rated chip, though.

KD8DVR

I don't care what their web site says. I've seen it before.

Why did BTech or BaoFeng Tech obtain their own FCC grantee code and FCC IDs if they are simply importing and selling Baofeng products?
Why don't their products have Baofeng's FCC grantee code/ID?
Why are none of BTech's products the same as the ones on Baofeng's corporate Chinese web site?
Why does Baofeng's corporate Chinese web site have a page warning about other companies using their trademark? Home_BAOFENG official website_baofengradio.com

Simple.
Many products sold by BTECH are NOT made by Baofeng That is likely why they go by "BTECH" now, instead of "Baofeng Tech". They source their radios from many manufacturers and then have them put through an additional manufacturing step which could involve proprietary components or firmware tweaks. The UV50X2 is made by QYT, then goes thru another manufacturing step to a larger final, as well as firmware enhancements and component/firmware updates to be compliant with USA standards. Even the ones made by Baofeng have additional steps in manufacturing, so, really they wouod NEED a different FCC ID, since the radio isn't identical to the Baofeng equivalent (if applicable) Makes sense to me. Some of this was told to me directly by BTECH. you could always ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.