Trap in Linn Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaBrian

Linn County is on F3 for those that want to know Area is medic unit and Marion Fire has the scene They have called out Linn Co AI for this so 151 will be shut down for some time.

IowaBrian

The copter in CR is at Lukes They just phone the hospital and see if it is running or not then CMED or Area Ambulance (same thing) is in touch with them on State Fire 2 I believe and logs where they are going and when they return, they switch to different freq depending where they are going most of the time search and rescue to talk to the scene so they can land, but in short they are on one of the 155. freq.
They give their med report on state ems.
As a rule you can hear the copter but not the ground. I was near the crash last night and couldn't make out 1/10 of what Marion Fire was saying on S&R to the copter but I could hear the copter for the most part. Once they get near the ground I sort of miss out on my flying antenna.

They will fly out of Iowa city or Waterloo from time to time if CR is down and that is on Racom lifenet for the most part but they still use S&R and State Fire since many are not on the racom network.

IowaBrian

Well since the news has given her name and about everything else I will say she was very lucky she ejected out of the sunroof and trapped from mid down. Didn't sound like she had much for a coat after accident and was very cold I think she was in the snow for some time before it was spotted so she was lucky not to be killed from the injuries but also from the cold. This is why I tell the kids keep your coat on or put it on even if a short trip stuff happens and if you don't have it you will have wished you did if you break down or in this case crash. Not saying she didn't have a coat on could have been ripped off. I was going to go to the scene since I near the accident but it is dark as dark gets out there and even with my good photo gear pics would have been very bad. I was just happy when they said she was alive since the first reports were trapped under the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.