Traveling down I-94

Status
Not open for further replies.

copcar

I like going to auctions live in fargo,nd. Would a 780xlt be a good investment? Highway patrol/sheriff/local pd. Im not worried about the twin cities dont go that far.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It appears that everything from the Wisconsin border to St. Cloud has migrated to, or in the process of, the new digital system. From St. Cloud to Fargo, everything appears to be analog. Eventually, digital will work its way west.

You may want to check the ARMER pages for their schedule.

The 780 is a decent scanner if you are not interested in digital. I have one and still use it for non-digital systems.

If you are going to buy a new scanner, please have a serious conversation with yourself however. If you even remotely suspect you may want to hear the digital systems when they work their way throughout the state, you may as well bite the bullet now, instead of wishing you had, in a couple of years. Their prices have remained constant - even the first generation, (such as the 796) is still what it costs when it first came out, even though a later model has been released. (You'd almost figure an "obsolete" scanner would be sold for a little less, but that's not the case).

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
you're right, St Cloud east is mostly digital along I-94. Though there area areas between maple grove that aren't digital, like Wright county. Everything east of Stearns county (Sauk Centre area) is analog. I believe that some of the ND stuff may be digital, like the highway patrol. In my opinion, you'd be best served by getting yourself a digital scanner. Then you will be covered for just about anything you come across and wont be kicking yourself for not getting digital. In some areas as well digital conventional systems seem to be gaining some ground as well. So that's one more thing to consider.

copcar

thanks for the reply!

Everything you said is right. Digital scanners really havent drop but I keep thinking whats around the corner.

I always wanted a 780xlt prices are low now. But it doesnt have trunking, their are acouple of analog systems in fargo,nd misc stuff nothing important. So since I dont know much about trunking that seems to be where things are going aside from digital systems.

The bct-15 looks good. Only thing up hear thats digital is moorhead,mn PD. I not missing much.

Where is the armer page? Is that the one in the mn database?

Status
Not open for further replies.