Traveling I-40 / I-77 Confirm Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

drayd48

I do quite a bit of traveling and I want to program my scanner up so that I can listen along I-40 and I-77. I am looking for some people to help me to verify that I am programming the write frequencies if they use VHF / UHF or a trunked system such as their own standalone system or VIPER. Only looking for fire and EMS. Really want to stay away from doing too many trunked systems but will program it in if I have too. Thanks

Haywood County - I see that EMS is on VIPER, but thats it. Are they patched to VHF so I can just listen on VHF? Fire just using UHF?

McDowell - Just using VHF frequencies?

Burke - I can listen to fire and EMS on VIPER? Are they simulcasted to VHF? I only see EMS paging so does that mean I will hear the units or just dispatch on VHF?

Alamance - Using full VIPER, So can just listen on that system (except the ones on the Guliford system)? Are they simulcasted to VHF?

Orange - I see everything on VIPER? Are they simulcasted to VHF?

Surry - I see using VHF with a simulcast to VIPER, so I am fine listening to EMS and Fire on VHF?

Yadkin - I see using all VHF?

Thanks

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Haywood-Fire & EMS on UHF. VIPER only used on major incidents and EMS to hospital encodes.

McDowell-Fire is on VHF. EMS is a mix of VHF and VIPER McDowell M/A when talking with dispatch.

Burke-Both Fire & EMS dispatch channels are simulcast on VIPER. The VIPER TAC channels are not simulcasted

Surry-Fire & EMS dispatch simulcast to VIPER.

Yadkin-99% VHF usage. VIPER used by EMS rarely.

drayd48

Haywood-Fire & EMS on UHF. VIPER only used on major incidents and EMS to hospital encodes.

McDowell-Fire is on VHF. EMS is a mix of VHF and VIPER McDowell M/A when talking with dispatch.

Burke-Both Fire & EMS dispatch channels are simulcast on VIPER. The VIPER TAC channels are not simulcasted

Surry-Fire & EMS dispatch simulcast to VIPER.

Yadkin-99% VHF usage. VIPER used by EMS rarely.

Thanks. So I can just use the VHF / UHF dispatch channels for those counties?

randyK

Alamance Fire & Ems is simulcasted to VHF.
Fire is 154.220, 100.0 pl, Ems is 156.120, 110.9 pl.
Orange is also.
Fire Dispatch is 154.400, 107.2 pl, Ems Dispatch is 158.805, 186.2 pl.
But Orange usually assigns an ops channel for unit response.

Last edited:

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. So I can just use the VHF / UHF dispatch channels for those counties?

If you are only interested in listening to the dispatch channels then you should be fine putting in the VHF or UHF frequencies.

drayd48

If you are only interested in listening to the dispatch channels then you should be fine putting in the VHF or UHF frequencies.

Thanks. Could eaasially program trucked but I am short on banks in my scanner and can easialy put the VHF / UHF in my baofeng.

Status
Not open for further replies.