Traveling i80 with HP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Hello to everyone,

I am preparing for a trip through Wyoming coming up I25 from Denver into Cheyenne and the across I80 to Utah. Does anyone have any experience using the HP1 across I80?

I am going to have a Gps connected to the HP1. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
HP-1 on Road Trip

Here is a link to a site of an OM that took one from Denver to California and back
a few years ago when the HP-1 was fairly new.

Hope this helps out and if you have any questions contact Curt he lives in Aurora.

HP1

73, Rex

swm77662

Wyolink

I suggest you program the wyolink freq's for each county you are driving through, because as you drive through the state the tower freq's will change. In the Cheyenne area HP1 is fine but as soon as you are near the city of Laramie all HP traffic will be on the Laramie tower, and the same for Rawlins,Rocksprings,and Evanston.
Also sometimes the HP uses the old HP non digital freq's around Elk mountain, and sometimes they use the various county P25 systems..

I never have an issue with the system and I drive all over Wyoming with my position.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the replies.

We are now underway on our trip currently between Larime and Cheyenne. My set up is a Larson Multiband antenna on the roof, gps and power for everything from the lighter plug. So far I am getting the wyolink system, the counties that I am going through as well as scanning the conventional HP system. Seems to be working fine so far. I do not do any special programming like one person offered, but I might do that while I am in Salt Lake for the return trip.

Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.