Traveling KS-Reno Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

utlchris

Coming West Bound thought the state via I-70 and will be staying in Reno a few days. I have a Uniden BCD396T and was looking at the Highway Patrol system. Looks like its being converted to P25 Digital. Any suggestions on programming my radio or does anyone have a current Buetel ARC file they could send me? I also noticed on RR that Troops D&E are missing. Anyone know if they are combined into others?

Thanks in advance!

KAA951

Don't have a file to send you but here is some basic information on KSICS. It is still under construction with basically all the towers along and south of the Kansas Turnpike done. They are starting to turn on towers in northeast Kansas and south central Kansas also.

Right now, Troops B, H and F are working on the digital system. Troops D and E don't really have any tower sites installed (with the exception of the Finney tower) and have not been programmed into the system yet. In the metro areas of Kansas City, Wichita and Topeka Troopers are still working off of the county analog 800 TRS like they have been for 10-15 years.

Funding is available to build out the system through the eastern 2/3 of the state- after that we will have to see what they can scrape up.

Duster

CA/NV/KS/NE DB Admin
Database Admin
utlchris said:
I also noticed on RR that Troops D&E are missing. Anyone know if they are combined into others?

Thanks in advance!
I'm from western KS along I-70 (Thomas County) and was home a little over a year ago. Troop D is on 800 mhz conventional using the towers listed in each county. One channel only, can be scanned with any 800 scanner. The old VHF system is NOT being used (as far as I could tell...no traffic at all on it for the two weeks I was home). They have consolidated all dispatching to the new dispatch center, so the old Troop D dispatch at Norton State is no longer online. The best way I found to monitor KHP in my area was to input each tower, label it by location (county), and that will give you an idea where the traffic is coming from. If you need help determining which counties line your route, you can use the map on the KS page, or let us know here, I'm sure one of us can help you with the route.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.