Traveling through, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

I will be traveling through your state in the coming months and am intrested in setting up a fav list in my HP1 for the travels.I plan on entering on I70 and taking that to St. Louis where I will hit I44. I am looking for just law enforcement (mostly highway patrols/state police) and fire/ems/med helos. I am not wanting to hear a bunch of junk which is why I am wanting a fav list instead of using the nationwide database. I do have a GPS puck as well so I wont have to have any interaction with the scanner while driving. Any help, especially if anyone has a fav list would be great. I am asking before I spend hours trying to make a list on my own

VASCAR2

If you are going through Illinois on I-70 your only going through 2 state police districts, D12 from Indiana border west to Fayette/Bond county line then your in Dist 11. Main towers in D-12 will be Eaton, Effingham, Mason and Vandalia. In D-11 you'll hear Greenville,maybe Edwardsville, Collinsville, mabe E St Loius and possibly Belleville. Sheriff's Dept. in D-12 are VHF high band, Clark, Cumberland, Effingham and Fayette. Madison Co and St Clair Co are in D-11 are on Starcom, Bond may or may not be on Starcom. I read Bond co was going back to VHF highband because of cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.