Traveling thur Kansas using a HP-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for some advise.

I'm going to be traveling from Great Bend to Olathe this week, I'm wanting to monitor KHP with my HP-1.

I don't have a GPS for the scanner, so my question is, can I program each county KSCIS tower in to my HP-1, will it add and drop towers as I travel in and out coverage of the towers?

If not, I assume, I will need to and drop each one manually?

Do I need to add all of the frequency for each tower, or just the CC and ATL CC?

I know I need to add both dispatch talk groups F-1 and F-2 for each area to get all the dispatch traffic.

Thank you in advance.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Use the database and location control. Write down the zip codes for the larger cities you will be traveling through. Change your location zip code every 30 miles or so. This is what I do.

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
It did work

I'm looking for some advise.

I'm going to be traveling from Great Bend to Olathe this week, I'm wanting to monitor KHP with my HP-1.

I don't have a GPS for the scanner, so my question is, can I program each county KSCIS tower in to my HP-1, will it add and drop towers as I travel in and out coverage of the towers?

If not, I assume, I will need to and drop each one manually?

Do I need to add all of the frequency for each tower, or just the CC and ATL CC?

I know I need to add both dispatch talk groups F-1 and F-2 for each area to get all the dispatch traffic.

Thank you in advance.

Just FYI, I decided to trying loading all frequency in to single tower master group list, and all the dispatch talk group F-1, F-2 and where needed F-3 for the Troop area I was traveling thru only.

I went from Great Bend to KC via I-70 and turnpike, every the towers frequency as I entered to the coverage area was auto added to scan list when I got into its signal ranges, and drop off when drove out the signal ranges, I also tried a shorted the list using just the CC channel, and it also worked like a charm, numerous time I was able to monitor multiple Troops and would appear have not missed hardly back and forth traffic, and the talked group auto received and dropped as I moved thru the cover area, all I had to do was adjust the volume from time to time.

I don’t know if it work on other scanner, but using the Sentinel Software that was on my HP-1 it worked like a champ in master data base I created, and I had grand total of 66 frequency, 10 talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.