Traveling to Atlanta area

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlt

I am flying to Atlanta area & would like to know what system(s) to program in my 396xt for LE & fire for best listening.

N8IAA

Clayton is still on their conventional system. Problems with setting up their Phase II. Fulton county is still on their analog trunk system. Atlanta's P-25 should be able to be heard in Jonesboro.
Check the RR database for what you might want to monitor.
HTH,
Larry

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I presume you mean Clayton county.....

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I think Clayton is in Rabun county. Just like Cobb is in Sumter county, ....Gwinnett is a county also. I think accuracy in descriptions is important. (Above, you referred to Fulton as "Fulton county", why not Clayton as "Clayton county" if that's what you meant?)

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Probably for those of us in the Metro area just refer to the counties by their county name. It's a Metro Atlanta thing!

rapidcharger

I assure you it's not an Atlanta thing although the counties in GA are so itty bitty and the metro area is so sprawling, they're more like neighborhoods than counties.
If you do a web search for "us counties map" you'll see there's only 2 or 3 other states that have similarly sized small counties.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I was merely drawing attention to the fact that there are notable differences (in Georgia) in Counties and cities. Only 2 or 3 Georgia counties (out of 159) actually have the same named city within it. (Clayton and Cobb aren't any of them)

rapidcharger

I was merely drawing attention to the fact that there are notable differences (in Georgia) in Counties and cities. Only 2 or 3 Georgia counties (out of 159) actually have the same named city within it. (Clayton and Cobb aren't any of them)

I'm sure by now the OP is really glad they asked but couldn't one logically conclude from the title; "traveling to Atlanta area" that places named Clayton and Cobb are the only places with said names located within the region usually identified as "the Atlanta area" and not the places that are hours away from the Atlanta area?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Probably. Maybe. Maybe not.

Simply put, in Georgia, Cobb is a county or a city, just like Clayton is a county or city.

This is not the only thread they have been improperly referenced, potentially causing confusion.

(Why is it only metro counties suffer from these identity crisis's with the referring to their counties like they are cities?)

carlt

Thanks for all the info. I will figure it out.

Moderator: feel free to delete this thread so that the sniping will stop.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
"Sniping"? ...wow....

When you post to an open forum, you open your commentary to debate. That can hardly be considered "sniping". If it weren't for debate and opinions, then there would be no need for responses on forums.

10-7

Status
Not open for further replies.