Traveling to Bolton (Worcester County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello RR members in Mass.

I am going to be traveling to the lovely town of Bolton Mass at the end of June for a week for work.

I was wondering what conventional channels will be great to listen too as well as any APCO P25 systems that might be available in that town to listen too.

Much appreciated

garys

Premium Subscriber
Depending on your antenna, radio, and location combination, your best bet for P25 is the New Hampshire State and local police systems. They are mostly VHF, mostly repeated. I can copy them sometimes south of Boston, so you should be able to get them where you are. Devens (formerly Fort Devens) has a federal prison hospital and there might be some P25 traffic there as well. To the south, the CT State Police have a P25 800 trunk system, but I don't think you'll copy it that far north.

The City of Worcester has an 800 EDACS system with analog voice, the Mass State Police has an analog 800 Motorola system. For that you'll want Zone 8. I think you'll be too far east to pick up the MSP P25 system in western MA and probably too far west to pick up the 700 Mhz P25 overlay that covers greater Boston.

Other local FD and PD agencies operate mostly on UHF, but there is some VHF and Low band as well.

If you have a Uniden scanner I might be able to send you some files that you can load.

Status
Not open for further replies.