Traveling to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benmin

Premium Subscriber
Hello fellow RR. I am going to a conference next week. Of course I am taking my 396. Would anyone be willing to hook me up with a set up for downtown Chicago. I am staying at Hotel Sofitel then going to conferences at the NRA show. (Not Natl. Riffle Ass.).

I thank anyone and everyone in advance.

cubn

Database Admin
I included my ARC396 files for Chicago and NE IL.

Here are some things it doesn't include:
*Starcom21 (state police)
*Chicago 470 MHz digital UHF channels
*the City of Chicago PD TRS file may have outdated talkgroups listed

This is more than you'll likely need. The main ones to listen to are:
*Chicago PD TRS.mem --->tactical and adminstrative ops
*Chicago Pub Sfty.mem -->police, fire, ambulance for the City of Chicago

Attachments

• Chicago-NE_IL_ARC396_mem_files.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 60

Ch1ronTL34

A limit search of the 460 mhz band will get you most of the dispatcher and police units

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Benmin said:
Hello fellow RR. I am going to a conference next week. Of course I am taking my 396. Would anyone be willing to hook me up with a set up for downtown Chicago. I am staying at Hotel Sofitel then going to conferences at the NRA show. (Not Natl. Riffle Ass.).

I thank anyone and everyone in advance.

CPD Zone 4, Fire-Main, EMS-North....just keeping it simple. Don't need all the other riff-raff since you're just visiting...enjoy the stay.

bessiedawg

One thing that always disappoints me when I have used my scanner in one of the downtown Chicago hotels is all of the extraneous interference that you pick up. It will of course vary depending on where you are, but the reception has never been as good as I think it should be given the height.

Benmin

Premium Subscriber
WOW!!
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it from all!

I am sure that I will have a great trip. I will be fun being in a big city for a few days. I will try all of the above.

cubn - Thanks for the attachment!!

Ch1ronTL34 - thanks for the advice - I will try that as well. I might just leave it running while I am at the conferences and log the freqs for the day to see the most active.

bessiedawg - I have run into this before, I will try to get at the highest room they let me. it is almost a comp for the weekend so I am sure that it just might be a great room. I wish I was there to enjoy more of it.

Again, thanks to all for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.