Traveling to Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyiv

Feed Provider
I'll be traveling to Dallas from 7/15-7/20 and I'am woundering what I should program in my Pro-96 or if any one has any good win96 files that I can use. Thank you in advanced.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
guyiv said:
I'll be traveling to Dallas from 7/15-7/20 and I'am woundering what I should program in my Pro-96 or if any one has any good win96 files that I can use. Thank you in advanced.
Can't help you on the Pro-96 files, since I don't have one. Somebody with a 96 will probably pop in and help you on that. I know several of them have their files on their websites.

However, depending on where you're staying, lots to listen to while you are here. Dallas (city) is conventional. Most of the larger suburbs are on trunked systems. What part of the area are you going to be in? That would give a better idea of which systems would be in range. The Dallas conventional (Uhf) system is fairly strong. Even using my 396, in my truck with the R/S 800Mhz antenna, I can hear it on the west side of Fort Worth.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
What part of Dallas you're are you going to be in? Dallas has an abundance of trunked and conventional systems, so you could easily get 10 trunked systems into that Pro 96 with enough left over for the conventional.

Russell

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
guyiv said:
We are staying at the Renaissance Dallas (not north Dallas)
That's in the Market Center area, on I-35 a couple of miles north/northwest of downtown, at Wycliff.

You'll obviously be able to hear Dallas (City) and County. Both are conventional, city on Uhf, county mostly Vhf, with a couple of 800Mhz conventionals for jail & courthouse security. For reference, you'll be in DPD NW division, Channel 5 (460.075).

For trunked systems: Irving (maybe, it can be somewhat weak), Carrollton (3 larger suburbs), Grand Prairie, probably Lewisville (multiple small to medium suburbs), Mesquite, and the Dallas City TRS, which has a few police & fire related groups on it. Depending on your room & floor assinment, you may also hear NE Tarrant (I can hear them on my 396 in that area mobile, using the R/S 800Mhz antenna) and possibly Ft Worth, Arlington, and Garland.

rpowley

As hiegtex mentions there is quite a bit available to scan in the DFW area. If you look at the Dallas County Site you will be staying close to the blue dot. Thow in eastern Tarrant County that's a lot to chose from. A good place to start may be the North Texas V-File/Folder that is pre-loaded into your PRO-96. If you find what you want to listen to I'm sure we can fix you up with some files.

guyiv

Feed Provider
Ok I leave for Dallas in a couple days and i have a question for now. Dose the Dallas City Moto System have to have the fleet map?

nd5y

I haven't listened to the Dallas system for well over a year so I don't know if anything has changed. It used to have both type I and type II talkgroups. I never figured out the proper fleet map and I don't remember if the fleet map in the DB worked correctly for me. I posted some messages about this back then but I can't find them now. Using a PRO-95 in open mode I could hear everything but some of the type I stuff appeared on multiple talkgroups. I think the DB was correct except this is what I was getting for Parks & Recreation

101-01 Parks & Rec Ch 1
101-02 Parks & Rec Ch 2
101-03 Parks & Rec Ch 3
101-04 Parks & Rec Ch 4
101-05 Parks & Rec Ch 5
101-06 Parks & Rec Ch 6

And the Parking Enforcement talkgroups seem to have been removed from the DB

9808 Parking Ch A
9840 Parking Ch C
9872 Parking Ch B

Like I said, I don't know if what I was hearing a year or two ago is still accurate.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The Uniden preloads for 330, 396, & 246 all have it set up for Moto Type 2, & it receives fine that way.

The only thing you'd miss are the extremely few Type I groups, which are things like Public Works & Aviation Irrigation. I'd say set it as Type 2 & forget it. You'd never miss it. Also sending you a pm

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
And considering where you are staying, put in Love Field ATC...123.7 for twr...121.75 for gnd. Don't think any severe weather is headed this way, but if it does, Dallas Co. RACES 146.82 and Ft. Worth RACES 146.94. The DPS is always good on 155.46 and the tollroad on 157.35.

.02 worth

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
more Dallas

And considering where you are staying, put in Love Field ATC...123.7 for twr...121.75 for gnd. Don't think any severe weather is headed this way, but if it does, Dallas Co. RACES 146.82 and Ft. Worth RACES 146.94. The DPS is always good on 155.46 and the tollroad on 157.35. Try the 154.95 and you just might hear the surveillance units I have been hearing several times this week.

.02 worth

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
And don't forget Dallas County Sheriff Dispatch on155.67. Especially on weekends, they are dispatched for cows loose on the highways all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.