Traveling to Madison via I-90, Wis. state troopers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpd204

Monday I will be traveling to Madison(Mt. Horeb, also) from Chicago on the I-90. I will be in the car for 4 hours and I want to listen to the Wisconsin state police on the highway to give me something to do. But, I can't find all the frequencies, can you guys help me?

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Look in the database...everything needed is in there and up to date.

You will be disappointed if you are looking for exciting radio traffic though. Most information is sent back and forth via computer with just basic call (crash, reckless etc) information and DL/registration information on the radio these days.

Last edited:

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
If you're looking for just State Patrol coverage from Chicago to Madison, you'll just basically need two main frequencies.

The Waukesha Post covers from just west of Milwaukee all the way down to the WI/Illinois border and DeForest Post covers from just west of Milwaukee all the way to Madison. That basically covers the southern part of the state.

Waukesha Post - 154.665 (103.5) covers Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha counties

DeForest Post 154.680 (136.5) covers Columbia, Dane, Dodge,Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Lafayette and Rock counties.

151.460 (146.2) is called Statewide and once in a while you'll hear it used also.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI Grant County is no longer with Deforest Post, they are now out of Tomah Post swiched acouple of years ago here

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
actually I knew that so I don't know why I put Grant CO under DeForest Post.....not looking what I typed before I hit send.

cpd204

I will be going again today!

So any more info would be helpful! But not state troopers, probably EMS,PD, and FD frequencies or the ones that aren't listed in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.