• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TRBO CPS 16 not launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpg178

Anyone else had an issue with CPS 16 recently. I am running windows 10 and have been getting error 1646 for the past few days. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted all the related files and still have the issue. It worked fine last week and if I install it onto a Win 10 VM running on the same computer I have no issues.

Firebuff880

Might look here --
Some MOTOTRBO CPS error codes and how to solve them.

Or maybe Here --

But if it worked an now does not with this error you probably had an update applied to your Windows 10 box.

cpg178

Yep, I had tried both of those posts before I posted here. It must be a windows update as I now have some weather widget on the bottom right of my screen. Running Win 10 VM i can run it no problem. Kind of annoying but wondering if anyone else has this same issue with what seems to be the recent windows update. I am sure I cant be the only one

K9RPL

My laptop got that same update that turned on the funky weather widget that also broke the task bar. But no issues with CPS 16 here. Still starts up and runs fine. One thing you might try is to run CPS as an Administrator.

cpg178

My laptop got that same update that turned on the funky weather widget that also broke the task bar. But no issues with CPS 16 here. Still starts up and runs fine. One thing you might try is to run CPS as an Administrator.
I have tried doing run as admin when reinstalling CPS and also when running it. Still nothing. I just scratch my head how it works on a Virtual Machine that's running on the same computer giving this issue.

cpg178

Workstation Pro 15.5, also runs fine on my mac using Fusion. I got the ISO for win 10 directly from the Microsoft website so not sure if that is the latest version. I do not recall the weather widget being on my VM which makes me suspect it's the windows update that broke it. But then again you are not having any issues.

cpg178

Just went to boot the VM and now its doing windows updates as well. Lets see if the CPS will still work after the fact

cpg178

So my VM now has the weather thing, CPS still runs fine. I did get the log on Windows Event Viewer, it seems CPS is failing to get a host ID 1623940228741.png

K9RPL

Looks like a licensing error of some kind. I got it when I first installed CPS but got around it by installing and running as an Admin. It's one of those errors that seem to have multiple causes.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Are you running a VPN by chance? When I was running one CPS 16 would not launch unless I disabled it. Don't ask me why!!

cpg178

Are you running a VPN by chance? When I was running one CPS 16 would not launch unless I disabled it. Don't ask me why!!
I am not. Is it by chance that I have taken my Desktop with me and am now on the other end of the US on a trip? So I have a different external IP

cpg178

I wonder why KC4YIN would not be able to use it when on a VPN. I guess for now I’ll just have to use the VM.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Internet connection should not make an ounce of difference. I have used mine without an internet connection at all, dozens of times.

It does take a lot longer to load when no internet connection is present, so it wouldn't surprise me if CPS attempts to call home, for one reason or another. But it should still load.

Status
Not open for further replies.