TRBOconnect IL/IN/KY/OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

I didn't even think of that. It's weird that I never noticed it before yesterday, and I generally check out any consistently solid signal on the waterfall. I first noticed it while mobile in the county north of Marion, while using an HT antenna inside the vehicle; then again after I got home and hooked up to the outdoor antenna. This other signal is considerably lower, in signal strength, than the accurately listed CC.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I didn't even think of that. It's weird that I never noticed it before yesterday, and I generally check out any consistently solid signal on the waterfall. I first noticed it while mobile in the county north of Marion, while using an HT antenna inside the vehicle; then again after I got home and hooked up to the outdoor antenna. This other signal is considerably lower, in signal strength, than the accurately listed CC.

So the CC listed in the DB still is a current CC? Then yeah, you are probably receiving an image. That can happen easily if the signal is strong, or depending upon the sample rate you use. When using a dongle, every sample rate can produce images at different frequencies. So you might be at one sample rate and see the signal, and then switch to anohter sample rate and suddenly you don't see it.

Mike

west-pac

So the CC listed in the DB still is a current CC? Then yeah, you are probably receiving an image. That can happen easily if the signal is strong, or depending upon the sample rate you use. When using a dongle, every sample rate can produce images at different frequencies. So you might be at one sample rate and see the signal, and then switch to anohter sample rate and suddenly you don't see it.

Mike
Yes, the current listed CC in DB is correct.

An analog scanner, on the same antenna as the dongle, does not receive a signal on 462.895/462.900, so it must be a cpu/software issue.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, the current listed CC in DB is correct.

An analog scanner, on the same antenna as the dongle, does not receive a signal on 462.895/462.900, so it must be a cpu/software issue.

Yes, it's simply picking up an image of the real frequency. Depending upon what sample rate you use, and how much gain you have set, it's pretty easy to get that to occur.

Mike

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update from the Lexington, KY side of things. They have a tower in Danville now & working on getting site details to add to the db. Also, 2 towers are currently being monitored in Louisville from a friend of mine to see if they're online.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Nice job. Although the DB doesn't list the site name (Danville), callsign (WPRT867) or Geodata ( 37.59092, -84.8455 / 10 mi ). You might want to submit that info if you haven't already.

m
Will do. Also added a new Unknown ERS-OCI Wireless system i mapped last might. Counties are Marion & i think Casey.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
This is the new system I have mapped out recently. ERS-OCI Wireless Capacity Plus Trunking System, Various, Kentucky - Scanner Frequencies

Tonight I plan on locating Site 1 & Site 3. This system has appeared to have no links to the Con+ System in Indiana or the Cap+ system in Lexington. The information I have collected shows that this is an independent network for the southern portion of Kentucky. All sites show a Colorcode of 7 & all have neighbors.

Also, I have submitted all updated info for the Danville Tower at the recommendation of mtindor.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update from Lexington: Fayette County Sheriff has limited operations on the TRBOConnect Capacity+ system in Lexington. The new ERS-OCI wireless system found in the southern portion of Kentucky also appears to have partial linking to the Con+ system. Each tower on this new system appears to be linking to a different site on the Con+ site. Also, the Louisville, KY tower found on the FRN registered to ERS-OCI Wireless is possibly the Con+ site number 20.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I've recently started hearing AMR on the Cap+ System in Lexington again. Mainly stuff like "Lex 502 to Dispatch" then "Lex 502 to St Louis" also caught "Car A11 Radio" and got "This is Louisville Dispatch" on the Cincinnati Channel. Is the Lexington system still patched to the Con+ system and is anyone else hearing regular activity?

@Charlie1068

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Also getting a Cap+ Multi-Site system on the Louisville side of the river with a lot of activity. I and 3 other guys have heard it, currently licensed to ERS at the Floyds Knob site but showing Cap+, not Con+ and in the RRDB on the Con+ system site 25.

452.5625 – Capacity Plus Multi-Site, Site 1, ColorCode 1, NL: 2, 3 (RAS Enabled)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
ERS has been dual system set ups. At the site downtown Indy they are running both an Cap plus and an Con plus on same lic UHF. They are also installing an 800 most likely also Cap plus or Cap Max at same site.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
ERS has been dual system set ups. At the site downtown Indy they are running both an Cap plus and an Con plus on same lic UHF. They are also installing an 800 most likely also Cap plus or Cap Max at same site.
Thanks for the info Milf. We will double check and submit once we can absolutely confirm it's on Floyds Knob, very active with users in Louisville.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I and another Forum member have confirmed that in fact, this is a TRBOConnect Cap+ system for the Louisville Metro area. Almost all users are operating on the Louisville side of the river but some also appear to be on the Indiana side. Submitting now for update

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI, I have been hearing a large increase in traffic on the Taylor Mill site over the past week. I have not had a chance to do any specific analyzing of the site yet but I suspect they have added a frequency or two based on how much I am hearing on the single frequency they already had.

I am now hearing what sounds like an ambulance company (not AMR) doing transports in the Cincinnati area as well as what sound like a security company also in the Cincinnati area.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
They have added an additional channel to Lexington (Site 4), I assume to accommodate the increase in users like Auto Security and Farm Hands. Have you heard TG 201 on the Taylor Mill Site? Last I heard it was simulcasting Lexington traffic to Taylor Mill.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
They have added an additional channel to Lexington (Site 4), I assume to accommodate the increase in users like Auto Security and Farm Hands. Have you heard TG 201 on the Taylor Mill Site? Last I heard it was simulcasting Lexington traffic to Taylor Mill.
Yes I have heard TG:201 on Taylor Mill, they were talking a good bit yesterday.

empired987

Anyone in the Indianapolis area, I was passing through yesterday and caught some traffic on some unknown TalkGroups (not programmed in), sounded like radio testing. If anyone is in the area today/tomorrow can you let me know if you catch the TalkGroup ID if they're still testing?

I couldn't write down which TG it was since I was driving, but I think it was the upper 34000 series.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Indianapolis area, I was passing through yesterday and caught some traffic on some unknown TalkGroups (not programmed in), sounded like radio testing. If anyone is in the area today/tomorrow can you let me know if you catch the TalkGroup ID if they're still testing?

I couldn't write down which TG it was since I was driving, but I think it was the upper 34000 series.
34900 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.