Treasure Valley VHM Simulcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilrags16

Premium Subscriber
Hello, while I know that VHF is an unfortunate fatality in the area, what frequencies are still used on VHF? I know Canyon Fire/EMS dispatch (at least for Caldwell) is still working. Are there others to listen to?

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Not much in Ada/Canyon country, depending on your location, antenna and equipment.

Payette and Oyhee counties still use VHF/UHF, also Gem and Valley county,

further west Washington and and Oregon's Malheur county and Ontario
I pick up Ontario and Mahler county on my Whistler WS-1040

Not the hobby it used to be......

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Not much in Ada/Canyon country, depending on your location, antenna and equipment.

Payette and Oyhee counties still use VHF/UHF, also Gem and Valley county,

further west Washington and and Oregon's Malheur county and Ontario
I pick up Ontario and Mahler county on my Whistler WS-1040

Not the hobby it used to be......

Youre in Boise and can get Malheur/OPD? Im in Nampa and never even get Payette county. Are there any good spots for catching those from down here in the Valley? Or potentially Valley County and/or ISP Brundage channel? ISP cascade and Elmore SO seem to the farthest i can get from here. I must be doing something wrong

Last edited:

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Canyon County Fire dispatch is still simulcast on VHF, and Boise County Sheriff are still on are still using good old 100% analog VHF.

lilrags16

Premium Subscriber
Youre in Boise and can get Malheur/OPD? Im in Nampa and never even get Payette county. Are there any good spots for catching those from down here in the Valley? Or potentially Valley County and/or ISP Brundage channel? ISP cascade and Elmore SO seem to the farthest i can get from here. I must be doing something wrong
I live in Ontario and able to pick up Canyon FD/EMS dispatch. I have a DBJ-1 feeding a NeSDR that slams my custom blend of bits and bytes with data

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
I live in Ontario and able to pick up Canyon FD/EMS dispatch. I have a DBJ-1 feeding a NeSDR that slams my custom blend of bits and bytes with data

That makes sense why you get them but id be curious how Safetypro79 is getting them all the way in Boise

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Do you get Valley county also, or just Malheur? Ive always had a hunch with Valley, because i cant get Valley SO but i can get ISP's Snowbank channel on 460.275 which is clear up in Cascade. I have a Uniden BCD996P2, maybe i need to tweak some settings or double check the frequencies i have in there

Status
Not open for further replies.