Trenton rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Just happened to catch RCG (C)? 355 Trenton military rescue doing a lat. and long. check on 11.230 USB. Time was about 1755UTC. This was a first for me, Mike

SCPD

QRT
Just happened to catch RCG (C)? 355 Trenton military rescue doing a lat. and long. check on 11.230 USB. Time was about 1755UTC. This was a first for me, Mike

Good catch Mike. The Trenton Military freq would be 11.232 USB.

Haley

Listening a bit more, call sign is ATLAS 335 (not 355). They are doing practice jumps around Dryden on the way back to Winnipeg. They seem to be quite busy today. Several radio checks. Might just be good conditions for me today. Storms are building out west. And thanks for he reply! Mike

Haley

N1RGR, now that you mention it my 11.230 vs 11.232 is probably due to my old DX398 (I have been getting 11.173 vs. 11.175 also) , there is a way to calibrate it. Just need to do it, usually I am using my Kenwood which is on the money. I used it to verify against the 398. So thanks for that info!

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Listening a bit more, call sign is ATLAS 335 (not 355). They are doing practice jumps around Dryden on the way back to Winnipeg. They seem to be quite busy today. Several radio checks. Might just be good conditions for me today. Storms are building out west. And thanks for he reply! Mike

Hey Mike, ATLAS335 was attending Maple Flag/Resolve as you may have guessed, I watched him drop 4 Para's over CYOD last week, and heard him a number of times arriving/departing this past week, heading to Wainwright (or somewhere south of my station) and back.

Haley

NE1C4NSC4N, thanks for verifying that for me! As lucky as I was to hear it, you got to see it! Now that would be even better. Must be my location , or the Canadian forces have better radio equipment. But now that I know where to listen for them, their signal is much better than even Offutt. And it's only a couple hundred miles west of me. Anyway thanks for the information, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.