Tri-Cities Communications (Greeneville) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
They are trunking systems used for private businesses. Check out the Tri Cities System in Carter County it might help explain better than I can.

2guntom

They are trunking systems used for private businesses. Check out the Tri Cities System in Carter County it might help explain better than I can.

Ah, okay. So (for instance) if my business needed radio communication in Greeneville, I would call Tri Cities. They would sell or rent me radios, and asign me a "talk group" on their trunked system?

Are my dogs still in the hunt?

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
yeah, which could be hard, I have worked off and on trying to figure out the Elizabethton Site for TCC. Its a real pain in the ___.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
SMR systems are both fun and a royal PITA to figure out.. I have monitored the C&W SMR here in Hot Springs for nearly an year and there are at least 2 users I have no clue who are they talk so rarely.. And for one of the bigger users.. An school system, have barely touched the surface. Have fun and keep us updated. :)

2guntom

Well, the 860.0875 was interesting today. What I could hear, it sounded as if (they talked as if) they were in an aircraft looking for another downed aircraft.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Yeah I heard there was one down today in Unicoi County. Didnt hear anymore about through. What Talkgroup was they talking on??

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Re:

Well, the 860.0875 was interesting today. What I could hear, it sounded as if (they talked as if) they were in an aircraft looking for another downed aircraft.

Thats more than likely the Carter Co site....Wings on TG#49296

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
If you have the freqs in as a Mot 800 Type II Trunking System it should show the ID when they are talking.

2guntom

Hmm, that must require a fancier scanner than I possess.

I received the transmission via a Uniden BC92XLT with a Maldol AH-209S Active Hunter antenna.

2guntom

I heard some traffic today about a downed aircraft. It was one of the local Greene Co police or fire frequencies.

Is that the same plane or a different one?

2guntom

What is this?

Tri-Cities Communications (Greeneville)
Tri-Cities Communications (Greeneville) Trunking System, Greeneville, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

Is that business?
It's not police or fire, I know that for sure.
If anybody can clue me in, please let me know.
I'll monitor those frequencies for a while and see what I can come up with anyway.

TIA,

2guntom

Here it is, almost Christmas 2013. Those Tri-Cities Communication frequencies are inactive. The repeater is still up and sends a morse code ID periodically, but no radio traffic. The control channel/freq rotates every day at 11AM, but that's it.

What has gotten busy is some 800MHz stuff licensed to Jimmy Epperson. The one frequency, 860.6375 seems to be Animal Control, and a few others.

jfhtm350

Here it is, almost Christmas 2013. Those Tri-Cities Communication frequencies are inactive. The repeater is still up and sends a morse code ID periodically, but no radio traffic. The control channel/freq rotates every day at 11AM, but that's it.

What has gotten busy is some 800MHz stuff licensed to Jimmy Epperson. The one frequency, 860.6375 seems to be Animal Control, and a few others.

Hello there. I ran Unitrunker on the TriCitiesCom Greenville site for a few days awhile back and there was zero activity, just like you say, but it is still set up and running for whatever reason. I couldnt pick up the other one up in Kingsport or wherever it is up there so I know nothing about it.

2guntom

Jimmy Epperson

Yes, that frequency is Animal Control, county salt trucks (county highway maintenance?), and some sort of building inspectors and/or property management.

Now, if I can just figure out who Jimmy A Epperson is...

jfhtm350

Now, if I can just figure out who Jimmy A Epperson is...

I believe I have seen that name on some licenses before. That just means he is the one who paid to license the frequencies and more than likely he leases them out to businesses or for personal uses.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
System Administrator/Owner/Operator for an SMR... Private business that runs radio systems for a profit. On an SMR TRS you can find like almost ANYTHING! :) They do not list anywhere who the users are except maybe a file in their offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.