Tri med ambulance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

This weekend I happen to notice a Tri med ambulance parked here in the Winslow area of Bainbridge island. As it turns out they were grabbing a bite to eat at a near by pizza place. I didn't want to bother them with questions. Mainly because they just grabbed their meals, and went back to their ambulance. I've looked for frequencies for these guys. I can't find anything. Perhaps they just use cell phone/next tel for communications?

I am making connections in the public safety field through my photography. And would have talked to these guys if not for them being on the run.

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
And the HEAR radio is few and far between thse days, too.

I very seldom use the radio as most of the RNs don't like to talk on it. A typical radio report sounds like this...

"Highline ER from TriMed 92..."

...(waiting...)

"Highline ER from TriMed 92..."

...(still waiting...)

"This is Highline..."

You give your radio report and blah, blah, blah... when you finish, you hear,

"TriMed, we can't hear you. Call us on the phone..."

Never fails. i just use the phone now. I haven't used the radio in at least a year. (And in my rig, I don't even think it was programmed...)

I do miss being able to listen to Valley Com on the VHF radio. The switch really sucked.

SJREynolds

Ha Ha Ha So true... they were all to go 800mhz but it never happened. Not like nurses care what their getting since they are always on divert :p

robbie2

Hi

this weekend i happen to notice a tri med ambulance parked here in the winslow area of bainbridge island. As it turns out they were grabbing a bite to eat at a near by pizza place. I didn't want to bother them with questions. Mainly because they just grabbed their meals, and went back to their ambulance. I've looked for frequencies for these guys. I can't find anything. Perhaps they just use cell phone/next tel for communications?

I am making connections in the public safety field through my photography. And would have talked to these guys if not for them being on the run.

try 161.4150
or 155.2200

robbie2

Hi

for what? Amr is on 155.22 and 161.415 is a railroad freq. Trimed voice comms are on nextel and all of the mdts and toughbooks use sprint data service.

hi i think that frequnie 155.2200 is around seattle some were.
It sounds like fire or medicks. I have that frequnie on my
kenwood vhf tk-250 radio. That i buyed on ebay.

robbie2

Hi

for what? Amr is on 155.22 and 161.415 is a railroad freq. Trimed voice comms are on nextel and all of the mdts and toughbooks use sprint data service.

that railroad frequnie is bnsf centrailia north 161.415
and 161.100 is bnsf centrailia south,

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
Hi Rob
Yeah that didn't make sense to me either .. I bet they don't even have two way radios.
Steve

Oh no, all the rigs have VHF two way radios for HEAR. (It's a state requirement.) But nobody uses them. Everything is done on Nextel, telephone or through the Toughbooks/MDT.

And for that other guy, 155.22 is AMR (American Medical Response) So now you know what is in that radio you "buyed" from ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.