Triad Area Weekend Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
This weekend, we'll be staying in the Triad area, actually close to PTI. I have programmed my 996xt with data from RR for both Guildford and Iredell County as well as VIPER and some local analog as well. What kind of luck will I have would you all think? GBO and W-S simulcasts? Thanks as always!

gspivey

If you are near PTI, you should have no problem receiving the Guilford County 800 system, and the Guilford VIPER sites. Also, you will likely be able to receive the Forsyth/Winston Salem 800 system unless you are in a really bad location. I would suggest you use a good 800 mhz antenna.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
I have a window mounted and the OEM antenna that came with the scanner...should I run by RS and pick up something else...recommendations?

gspivey

You will hear plenty with the stock antenna in the Greensboro area. If Forsyth/Winston Salem is really important for you, you might pick up at radio shack their 800 antenna, model 20-283 rubber duck.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
Well, after about 12 hours or so, it's wide open. From PTI, I am getting lots on W-S, GBO, and H.P 800 systems as well as air traffic and airline traffic. Coming from a rural area, this is a new game and I'm very pleased with the coverage I'm getting here for the entire region. This unexpected snow storm is also creating drama...still 3 inches in the parking lot this AM at PTI. Thanks all!

kd8x

Well, after about 12 hours or so, it's wide open. From PTI, I am getting lots on W-S, GBO, and H.P 800 systems as well as air traffic and airline traffic. Coming from a rural area, this is a new game and I'm very pleased with the coverage I'm getting here for the entire region. This unexpected snow storm is also creating drama...still 3 inches in the parking lot this AM at PTI. Thanks all!

As of this morning the news was reporting still 300,000 without power in the Greensboro to Durham areas.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
Yep, there were several families staying in our hotel because of power outages and the high school basketball regionals were postponed until Saturday for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.