Tricks to programming the new columbus system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuLabsWuTecH

I just programmed my Uniden BCD-396XT with freescan to thew new columbus system, turned it on, and hear... nothing.

My work radio (an APX 6000) is sitting next to me so I know what I should be hearing, but I'm getting a whole lot of nothing.

I left all of the defaults in Freescan, copied over from the DB all of the c and a channels for the Columbus City, Columbus MARCS, Franklin County sites, and have programmed a bunch of TGs. So am I missing something stupidly simple?

Thanks for any trouble shooting you guys can help with!

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
What's your location? I live in Lewis Center and only pick up limited talk groups. I hear nothing out of CFD period, and only CPD zones 1 & 4. The lazelle road tower is only a few miles away too.

ebuckeye

Since your 396xt is mobile, take it well inside of 270 and see if that helps. If you are still hearing nothing, I would make sure you are scanning the proper groups. Press the function button on the side of the scanner then select the number that corresponds the proper bank to activate it to scan. If the radio is set up right, and you are hearing transmissions inside 270, but not outside 270, then welcome the world of digital scanning. This is what is called digital distortion. Please see Columbus switchover thread, as there are many posts relating to this matter. Good luck.

KD8DVR

What's your location? I live in Lewis Center and only pick up limited talk groups. I hear nothing out of CFD period, and only CPD zones 1 & 4. The lazelle road tower is only a few miles away too.
You need to be listening to "Columbus city" I'm close to Lazelle rd tower. No problem getting them all. You likely are set to receive Riverview, not Columbus city or the Lazelle rd tower.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.