Tried to Upload trunked systems to a 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Friend of mine asked if I could update his scanners. Had no problem uploading P-25 systems into the scanners, but not the analog Moto Type II that was rebanded. FreeSCAN showed an error message that the radio needed updating for the system to work. Or, that the scanner was full.
If I update the last firmware into the scanner, will it allow me to enter the custom band plan so the analog system will load?
TIA,
Larry

phask

Premium Subscriber
Friend of mine asked if I could update his scanners. Had no problem uploading P-25 systems into the scanners, but not the analog Moto Type II that was rebanded. FreeSCAN showed an error message that the radio needed updating for the system to work. Or, that the scanner was full.
If I update the last firmware into the scanner, will it allow me to enter the custom band plan so the analog system will load?
TIA,
Larry

Without knowing more, I'd say yes. Had to update mine to allow re-banding tables for P25. Sure does not hurt to do it.

N8IAA

I'm going to bump this thread because it has had only one tentative answer.

Friend asked me to program his 996T scanners. Used FreeSCAN. Got all the P-25, Phase I systems to load into the scanners. Had one analog Moto Type II that had rebanded quite a while ago. The scanners would not accept with an error message that said 800MHz system that had rebanded. Please update firmware.
Located a firmware update at the Uniden site, 3.xx.xx. It was the latest firmware My question is, will the latest firmware update the scanner/s to accept the analog system?
TIA,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.