TriMet Bus to Dispatch on SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

schguy07

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am trying to figure out why I'm not getting bus to dispatch communications on my scanner. I have a SDS100 with the Motorola add on. I have all the bus talkgroups listed programmed in. Yet I receive nothing on those channels. Am I doing something wrong, or are those calls now encrypted?

schguy07

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Is the system listed in the RadioReference database?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you programmed any sites? That's the most common mistake--only programming talkgroups.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Check your Service Type settings, then. Whatever the bus channels are labeled has to be active in the main scanner menu.

If the bus channels are in their own Department, make sure the location settings for the bus Department (lat/lon/range) are all correct.

schguy07

Premium Subscriber
Just did. Just to be safe, I went through the Sentinel programming and grabbed them directly from the database. Still nothing. All I get is DATA showing up.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That means the transmissions are data, not voice. Location updates most likely, to feed your google maps app and tell you the bus is running 11 minutes late.

radiotweester

I don't own an SDS100, but make sure you are monitoring Council Crest. You can also listen to the "main" TRIMET talkgroups (MAX moves, Bus Disp) patched on Portland's system West Simulcast or East Simulcast.
All the other sites are usually quiet unless a radio affiliates with the site.
*Also make sure you have a decent antenna. Even with a radio specifically designed for 700/800, westside rx can be spotty

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
TriMet contracted with Tait for their radio system instead of Mother M and, unfortunately, Uniden scanners do not understand unit-unit calls on the system (unless things have changed). Whistler scanners do, or you could program the frequencies in conventional mode (in which case you would get all traffic and not easily be able to pick and choose).

See also 396XT not tracking individual calls on Tait P25 system?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That thread is from 2013. I'm pretty sure that bug was fixed years ago.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
I wish it was fixed with newer scanners, but I'm not sure. I haven't played with an SDS100, but I haven't been able to get a 436HP to pick up the calls. I think just setting the system to ID Search should do so. It seems to me like it's seen as an implementation decision and not a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.