• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Triops, sea monkeys on crack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill2k

Has anyone ever had these before? I picked up a kit to grow these last week for my daughter. Last friday after they hatched, you could barely see them. Now only a week later they are over an inch long! These buggers grow super quick.

Soooo, if you ever have a hard time figuring out what to get your kid, niece, nephew, or yourself. Check out triops.

For pics and info on triops, check out mytriops.com

Bill2k

My daughter is 11 and she thinks they are really cool, actually, I do too. She also likes going to the local pond with me and catching anything she can. I fish while she runs around with the net catches bait for me. They are pretty ugly, kinda a mix between a tadpole and horse shoe crab. Another cool thing is they are hermaphrodites, so even if you only have one, if it lives to maturity they will lay fertile eggs for a new generation.

Bill2k

okccsi said:
Uhh, I think the term you were looking for is "Asexual".

Funny though.

OKC CSI
I guess I need to elaborate some more. Some have male parts, some have female parts, some have both parts. The ones with both parts are hermaphrodites.

EDIT: Also in some situations they can change their sex.

EDIT again: If they were asexual, they would have no reproductive parts ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.