Trip Through VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I plan on taking a trip passing through VA on 77, and I'd like to make a favorite list for things to monitor instead of using the entire database on my SDS200. Is there anything other than STARS to keep an eye on while just passing through?

Thanks!

Listen365

Premium Subscriber
You will pass through the counties of Bland, Carroll, and Wythe. And the communities of Wytheville and Hillsville. Check RR for the country systems and check if the cities have anything that might interest you. Have a safe trip.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
STARS is about the only thing that would be active perhaps for you to hear any traffice as you will quickly pass through that narrow part of the state. Beautiful and peaceful part of VA but so far away from most of us in VA (4 1/2 hours for me) that many do not know it even exists. Most Virginians do not know Virginia borders Tennessee. A very short distance off 77 is the diner (moved there from NC) that Andy Griffith used to eat at when he grew up and was the model for the TV show. (Note: If you weight much over 200 pounds, you will not fit through the bathroom door or not be able to open it to get out.)

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
STARS is about the only thing that would be active perhaps for you to hear any traffice as you will quickly pass through that narrow part of the state. Beautiful and peaceful part of VA but so far away from most of us in VA (4 1/2 hours for me) that many do not know it even exists. Most Virginians do not know Virginia borders Tennessee. A very short distance off 77 is the diner (moved there from NC) that Andy Griffith used to eat at when he grew up and was the model for the TV show. (Note: If you weight much over 200 pounds, you will not fit through the bathroom door or not be able to open it to get out.)
Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but I figure I should ask before making assumptions. I do remember spending more time in WV than VA, but I think that stretch had the variable speed limit signs (it's been 2 years).

This is the first trip with a scanner, so I'm trying to be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.