Trip to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
My son and I will be in town for 2 O's games as we do twice every year. We stay at the Comfort Inn on Balt/Annop Blvd across from the light rail. The hotel says it is in Baltimore, but I think it is in Anne Arundel. Forom past trips we have seen the yellow Boardman truck go by. We have always put Baltimore info in our scanner, but it looks like I should put in AA also because it also has the airport on the system and we are close to the airport. Any input would be helpful. Thank You to everyone. Last year when I asked about the yellow truck I got many replies. ENJOY your week-end!

Mark

mhoward785

That area is in fact Anne Arundel Co, so I would recommend programing in AA Co with spacial attention on Fire and Northern District PD. The only airport stuff on the AA Co TRS is Fire. You may also want to program MDTA Police (Airport Police) if your interested. They are on 453.900 or the MAA P25 system (see RR database).

Lots of stuff to listen to in this area! Have fun at the O's game!

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Matt.... My son turned 18 in Dec so we will have a great time. Thanks for the info. I cant understand why I never thought about putting AA in the scanner.

Mark

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not entirely sure what sector Camden Yards is in, but as long as you have a digital scanner, you should be able to monitor the City trunk for that area.

Note however that there is a report that the city is in the midst of rebanding - right now I can monitor with the 396 with few problems, but if they do switch frequencies - and I think they're going to have to - that will cause some headaches, at least until the firmware fixes are in place.

I'm pretty sure we have Orioles freqs in our wiki, and I'll have to see about Camden Yards. Would be a good time to use Signal Stalker or similar... Eric Carlson's website is rather old, but it does suggest some freqs to check, to see if they're even being used, or have new users on them. Remember to use a short stubby type antenna so you aren't overloaded with other sources outside the Yard.

73 Mike

[edit] Here we go...(anything in blue is a link) for the Orioles...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Major_League_Baseball_(MLB)

And a couple for Camden Yards...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2901

http://www.davidschoenberger.net/scanning/maryland/baltimorecity.htm

Of course, vendors come and go, so any vendor list is likely to change from one year to the next, depending, I suppose, with contracts with the Orioles and the owners of the Yard.

If you find new freqs, please be sure to post them. We can easily absorb them either as a wiki article or a database entry

Last edited:

doctordave

I believe the area of the stadium would fall within the BPD "Central" district - so that means talkgroups 1A & 1C. Also, the "Special Event" talkgroups 11A & 11C get heavy use during games. There is yet another talkgroup for units inside the O's stadium (it is described as such in the database). The 2 citywide TGs are always worth keeping in.

Enjoy the games/trip.

Metro174

Premium Subscriber
The stadium is is sector 4 of the Southern District. Just outside of the stadium is Central District. Pretty much depends on which side of the stadium you are on.

SCPD

QRT
THANK YOU to everyone... Just one more ?. I see AA control channels are in the 854.000 range. Will I be able to put them in my scanner and have it work right? All systems here in the Va Beach and Norfolk are in 857.000 - 860.000

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.