Trip to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I have a few questions I am hoping anyone on here can answer for me.

I might be planning a trip sometime in the next few months maybe to Florida and thought I would post here first and then I will also post again in the Florida forum as well. We will be driving.

I am just wondering if anyone on this Michigan Forum would know what the laws are for having a scanner in your vehicle either with you or in your bag from Michigan to Florida.

Also would anyone know, who maybe might of done a trip to Florida from Michigan, what good stuff there is to listen to from Michigan to Florida. We will probably be taking I-75 from the border to Grayling and then 127 from there to Lansing. Then I-69 all the way from Lansing through Indiana. Then I-65 from Indianapolis to Louisville all through Kentucky and still on I-65 through Tennessee to Montgomery Alabama. Then Highway 231 from Montgomery to Dothan and then Highway 84 from Dothan to Valdosta and then I-75 the rest of the way from there to Orlando or somewher around there.

The farthest I have been in Michigan with my scanner was to the race the last 2 years at the Michigan Intl Speedway. So I am just looking to see what good stuff there is to listen to from past the speedway all the way to Florida. With the route we will probably be taking if and when we go, like I posted above. I am looking for anything else in Michigan like in VHF other than the 800 MHz. And then anything else good from after Michigan to Florida in the route I posted above (TRUNKING and VHF).

This will be my second time to Florida in a very long time and my first time bringing a scanner with me. I will be bringing my PRO 96 when and if we go.

So I can in the mean time set up some files for my PRO 96. So if and when we go I will have the files I set up and ready to go with what I will need.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You can hit Google and see a list of all state's laws regarding scanners.

traffic27fl

Google Florida Statute 843.16 (current as of 2011). Make sure you have a valid amateur radio license (tech or higher) if you take a radio with you. The chapter was amended, roughly around 2008, inserting language that makes it a first degree misdemeanor to have a radio that receives frequencies allocated to police, fire, or ems agencies in an automobile or place of business whether in use or not. Amateur radio license holders are exempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.