TriPoint Hosp - Lake East where's the traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflooru

Over the last couple months the communication between paramedics and the new TriPoint (old Lake East hospital) in Lake County have dwindled down to where I don't hear anything anymore when an ambulance is "en route" to TriPoint medical facility. This is the communication where you hear something like: "This is Madison rescue 2112 en route to you with a 62 year old male, chief complaint is chest pains, vitals are as follows... eta 8 minutes any further orders?" and TriPoint would come back and say "No further orders... bed assignment upon arrival... TriPoint out". I still hear some communication with Lake West but not as much. Are they using cell phones now?

Thanks in advance,

George

Last edited:

ONA73

They are still doing that on the old lake east talkgroup the id # is 6832. Just heard them today actually.
And yes some departments are using cell phones now.

iflooru

Thanks for the post. I'm not sure what changed but the traffic on that talk group is way down. Lately I'll hear rescue clear a scene and radio in to Central that they're headed to Tri-Point. Then I typically dial in and hold on the 6832 TG but not hear their communication. Not too long ago you would hear lots of traffic on that TG (like 15-20 per day) but now it seems there is only a couple per day. I'll see if I can dig up some info from a dispatcher I know.

truck2799

Premium Subscriber
I know that any Geauga Co. FD that transports to Tri Point will use a cell phone to contact them. I have been monitoring that talkgroup and it seems to still have a good amount of traffic, although as was stated,
I know a lot of Departments are switching to cell phones for privacy reasons. Hope this is helpful.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.