Trolley Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
CH-5 161.565MHz has changed CTCSS tone from 131.8 to 151.4. Unknown if the other Trolley channels have also changed tones.

Paul

d119

Tones were changed on all base station transmitters on all channels to mitigate some interference issues that could not be corrected otherwise, due to frequency spacing. This was part of a system-wide realignment related to the upcoming Mid-Coast trolley expansion.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Tones were changed on all base station transmitters on all channels to mitigate some interference issues that could not be corrected otherwise, due to frequency spacing. This was part of a system-wide realignment related to the upcoming Mid-Coast trolley expansion.

Can you confirm the other new PL's? I only see Security got changed in the DB. I'm not in SD so I cannot confirm.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I scanned the other freq's for Trolley a few weeks ago...I was getting most of them on their old RRdb tones so I locked them out again...I don't listen to them unless I have a need to track a train or something.

Paul

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
I scanned the other freq's for Trolley a few weeks ago...I was getting most of them on their old RRdb tones so I locked them out again...I don't listen to them unless I have a need to track a train or something.

Paul

Thanks. I’ll check em out again the next time I’m down there. Who knows, maybe they only changed the input PL’s or something.

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
Listen to D119 he knows.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Ch 6 Yard Operations, currently active, 160.530 MHz on old tone of 131.8.

Paul

d119

Before all of the questions start flying, Transit Enforcement is in the process of being migrated to the RCS. That should explain a few things.

As for the tones on the other channels, you'll have to scan them. Simplex channels did not change. As funny as it sounds, that's operational information I'm not permitted to release.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I don't know how they have been able to work with the current VHF repeater...I can barely get reception in my car with a roof antenna, much less a handheld on my hip!

Paul

d119

Works fine for me. It's optimized to work along the trolley alignment. There are also multiple sites that can be selected one at a time.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Did Trolley Security make the move to MTS Command RCS talkgroup A76h? Hearning what sounds like typical Trolley Security traffic being conducted on MTS Command talkgroup.

Paul

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Listening to Trolley Security full time now on the RCS. Also heard them "switch to tac 1" and then heard comms on MTS Tac 1 talkgroup A77h. Nothing on the old VHD Ch5 except random kerchunks of the repeater.

Paul

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Listening to Trolley Security full time now on the RCS. Also heard them "switch to tac 1" and then heard comms on MTS Tac 1 talkgroup A77h. Nothing on the old VHD Ch5 except random kerchunks of the repeater.

Paul

cool. I guess we’ll see if they rename MTS Command to something Security related or not. Frees up a VHF channel in time for the expansion as D119 pretty much noted.

d119

Security is now 100% on the RCS. The old VHF channel is now part of the rest of the radio system for rail use. There is no plan to rename talkgroups. The COMMAND/TAC layout was determined by the RCS, realistically there is no reason to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.