Troop A low band base moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Old locked thread from last year:

Troop A HQ location & freqs were deleted from the license yesterday.
The new tower must be operational now. I wonder if they are going to tear down the old tower.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Old locked thread from last year:

Troop A HQ location & freqs were deleted from the license yesterday.
The new tower must be operational now. I wonder if they are going to tear down the old tower.

They took it down last week. (July 11, 2020)

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 50

mancow

Database Admin
I haven't heard 42.860 rural and 42.940 metro in months. I assume it's gone. Of course, now I have a good lowband setup and it's gone.

I do hear Springfield 42.060 all the time.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard 42.860 rural and 42.940 metro in months. I assume it's gone. Of course, now I have a good lowband setup and it's gone.

I do hear Springfield 42.060 all the time.

I'm not sure about Troop A but Troop C still runs low band tests on 42.100 and 42.140 every Sunday morning around 9 AM or so. Usually never before 9 AM but I've heard them start late at like 9:30 AM. I think 9:15 is the normal test time. Sometimes they dispatch on both frequencies at the same time and other times, they test Rural or Metro first and then the other.

I recall when they were planning Moswin that a decision was made to always keep the low band system active and ready. I suppose that could have changed now when you look at all the 700 MHz fill in sites that have been added since the original VHF sites came online.

I'll also hear Troop C call a Trooper on low band at times after the Trooper does not respond on Moswin. This is not super common but does happen.
When they do the Sunday morning tests, it's rare I'll hear any mobiles reply. Most of the troopers they test with seem to be working in areas a fair distance from my area in St Louis county. I still have a low band antenna running but I no longer have the luxury of a tall tower for it.
It makes sense that the troopers they seem to pick for tests are mostly located in rural or known Moswin dead spots.

I have read that other troops also perform weekly low band tests in some thread here in this forum but I can't recall which troops were mentioned nor if a schedule was given for any other troops.

So, it may be worth watching your troops low band dispatch channels for test activity on weekend mornings.

JRsTheMAN

If they really want to be prepared for a disaster, they will keep the low band up and running. Relying on a networked repeater system is just waiting on some sort of issue when all heck breaks loose.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If they really want to be prepared for a disaster, they will keep the low band up and running. Relying on a networked repeater system is just waiting on some sort of issue when all heck breaks loose.
I think that was mentioned when they said they would keep low band operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.