Troop B digital transition complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
As of yesterday afternoon all of KHP's Troop B has now transitioned to the digital trunking system. The Pottawatomie (Flush) tower was the final one switched over- effecting the Wamego and Manhattan areas. It appears that Troop B has decided to have their units dispatch on their individual zone talkgroups- B Zone A appears to be the northeast counties (Atchison, Doniphan etc) and B Zone E has traffic around the Lawrence and Ottawa areas. You also hear units working I-70 west of Topeka during the day on B KHP-1.

Troop C units working around Riley County were also effected by the change. If anyone figures out what talkgroup they are dispatching on for Troop C units in that area could you post it?

Last edited:

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
The Troop C units are using the KHP-3 talkgroup. They will also use the Troop C Zone D car to car channel. The Pottawatomie and Wabaunsee Troopers are using the Troop B Zone B talkgroup and car to car.

KHPFAN

Yesterday I heard K-311(not sure where he is from) come across C-KHP-1 and i beleive that i heard some units on C-KHP-2 also. Troopers in Marshall are on C-KHP-1. Also heard some kdot guys in marshall joking about the digital now and how great it was!!!

rabidmoose57

No car to car heard yet...

I'm picking up alot of the Troop B talk groups, thus far; 1216,1219,1223,1225,and 1227. However I'm not hearing any car to car traffic, just the dispatch, and Ops. Also on friday I heard K-Dot tg 1062 (Gage) Just wondering if KHP may be using some county freqs for a bit of car to car privacy? Just a thought.

NBW791

KHPFAN said:
Yesterday I heard K-311(not sure where he is from) come across C-KHP-1

If my sources prove me right, I believe Ellsworth County area.

KHPFAN

NBW791 said:
If my sources prove me right, I believe Ellsworth County area.

Thanks...with all of the digital now i have to start learning where all of the troopers are so that i know for sure where they are from.

Status
Not open for further replies.