Troop C now reporting to Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Hearing today that troop c comms are calling Tulsa instead of Muskogee, is this going to be like Troop L?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I just noticed it today, thought it might be storm related from yesterday.

KOK5CY

I don't know why he's shutting down the major Troop office's that are along the interstate . Troop L was lacking dispatchers over nights . so everyone got transferred to Tulsa . I'm not 100% sure but almost bet Troop C got it's dispatchers sent to Tulsa . I wonder if Troop K got shut down since its near I-35 ?

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
Troop M altus is now dispatched from Lawton troop and troop H Clinton is dispatched from enid 95% of the time now

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Heard some comms today that confirmed Tulsa is now contact for Troop C. An outside agency (Muskogee PD or MCSO) tried to contact OHP Muskogee on C-1 and was advised that Tulsa was now the Dispatch for Troop C.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
Well not sure if this is a good thing or bad.... you lose the local map knowledge when call comes in but maybe this will get the state to get the 700mhz conventional repeaters up faster for the coverage..... of the MANY dead spots

peterjmag

It has nothing to do with the governor. This has been in the master plan for at least 5 years now. It's just a change like going from analog to P25. Troop K is now dispatched by Com Center OKC.

peterjmag

Communication troops are now called regions:

Central Com Center OKC
Northwest Enid
Northeast Tulsa
Southwest Lawton
Southeast Durant

Stephen

Texas has gone through the same type consolidation. I do not believe that OHP is going to shut down the Troops as they will still be manned and the buildings will be in use, simply each Troop will no longer have a communication center in the building. MDC's have helpedd reduce the radio traffic which is a good thing.

rescue69

Is there a list of which Troops fall under each of the new dispatch regions?

ZGX

Communication troops are now called regions:

Central Com Center OKC
Northwest Enid
Northeast Tulsa
Southwest Lawton
Southeast Durant

That makes sense. With technology where it is at being able to link voice (radio) and data (laptops) over distance it’s a duplication of resources and waste of money to have a comm center for every troop.

Status
Not open for further replies.