Troop C to cover StL highways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I read recently that Troop C is working on an agreement with St Louis city to patrol the interstate highways within the city limits in the near future. St Louis has always maintained its independence and even conducts its own crash reconstruction so the MSHP has never really had a foot in the city's coverage except for occasional big events like Fair St Louis or the recent riots.

Does anyone have an idea what TG's they may use? Would they use the MSHP TG's or maybe be assigned a city TG? It may be interesting to hear them within the city limits.........as long as the city does not require them to hide behind encryption. We will see.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
This is True.
STLC is opposed to the move which the Governor claims is necessary to free up manpower
To fight the rising crime in the city.

St Louis City has there own DOT inspection unit's as well as state of the art reconstruction teams.
It's a huge Cash Cow the city don't want to give up.
Details are slowly being worked out.
The Governor is supposed to have a press release Mon. or Tuesday.

I'm interested in what TG they use also. Thinking they will use MSHP TG.?

Also STLC Encryption is a problem for the Highway Patrol that the City don't want to Share or give up.

Please post any TG info. as found.
I will do the same.
Tom

wb0wao

Troop C has 7 "pairs" of dispatch TG's (normal dispatch and car to car for that dispatch TG). They only use 2 (I believe) on a normal basis - TG 5 and TG 7. One is "metro" and one is "rural". They will probably assign one of the other 5 dispatch TG's for St. Louis city.

Status
Not open for further replies.