Troop E Montville CSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what is wrong with one of those microphones down at troop e. i monitor E and D and sometimes K along with some of the other troops on occasion and for some reason whenever troop E is dispatching and its usually one of the female dispatchers they sound like they are swallowing the microphone. Does anyone have any clue as to why they sound so horrible? it sounds like just one of the microphones and it will at times get so distorted it will actually start garbling up and making some horrendous sounds that have actually taken some life off the speaker on my scanner. It will start off at sometimes barely audible volume and then it goes into a raging growling monster sound. i do understand that there is a good chance its the person using it but i figure i throw the question out if maybe there is another reason.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering what is wrong with one of those microphones down at troop e. i monitor E and D and sometimes K along with some of the other troops on occasion and for some reason whenever troop E is dispatching and its usually one of the female dispatchers they sound like they are swallowing the microphone. Does anyone have any clue as to why they sound so horrible? it sounds like just one of the microphones and it will at times get so distorted it will actually start garbling up and making some horrendous sounds that have actually taken some life off the speaker on my scanner. It will start off at sometimes barely audible volume and then it goes into a raging growling monster sound. i do understand that there is a good chance its the person using it but i figure i throw the question out if maybe there is another reason.
I havent heard that. I usually hear then go loud, soft, and the loud again. not because their voice does it. and that awful loud click of the desk microphones in the state . I HATE THOSE. no one else uses them. Its probably the only lady that uses her headset and has it up to close to her mouth. Terrible dispatch acoustics Connecticut State Police. You would never hear all that noise on LAPD or LA County Sheriff. And that's my opinion and I am sticking to it LOL.

ok then.... there is a possibility that its my external speaker thats causing the growling sound...the loud soft loud thing i notice alot. just gets me for having a system that could sound really good they use some awful mics along with some dispatchers that dont know how to use it... kind of weird too because werent they trained on how to use that equipment? and i know what ya mean with lapd also.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I think its a combination of them being a little lazy at times and kind of acting like small town country dispatch at times. I think they know the right way. I will listen for the noise you mention but I haven't gotten it yet. btw I went on EBay and picked up a amplied Motorola Speaker like in a police car for like $25.00. I use it in the car with my scanner. Works really well.

that is niiiiiiiccceee. ive been thinking of doing that seeing as how things are loud in the car and also my hearing is not too well. ive been thinking about it for awhile so one day i will. as far as the sound on there im thinking it may be my speakers but if you do hear something let me know. it gets annoying more than anything when i have people around because i have to sit there with my fingers on the volume regulating it according to how loud or soft it gets.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I think it depends if they are using the headsets or just using the mic stick on the console. Not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.