Trooper 1 frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

janisjoplin67

Hello! fun forums here!
Does anyone know the state police Trooper 1 helicopter frequency?
Thanks! - Janis

Attachments

• trooper_1.jpg
    trooper_1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 10,141

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
If I am not mistaken I believe that they have the ability to operate on the CSP Trunked system. I have also heard them come up on different town frequencies when there is an incident going on. Like most aircraft they also also can be heard on the local air traffic control frequencies.

By the way I like that picture of Trooper One you posted.

Trooper One.

They commonly use channel 49 on the state-wide TRS, And that would make a digital scanner a prerequisite.

KB1JHU

They commonly use channel 49 on the state-wide TRS, And that would make a digital scanner a prerequisite.

What he said. Ch 49 is TG 16016. The radio ID for Trooper 1 is 3052. I set my pro-106 to alert on that ID and a few others. That way I know there may be something worth paying attention to.

HarryWilly

That's where their ops are... occasionally you will hear them on the air band, but of course the good stuff is on the trunked system...

And as others have stated in this thread, Don't be surprised to hear them on your local pd's channel if they're called in for something, I've heard them on everything from Norwich PD 39.90 (LOL). All the way to 800 Meg CSPERN, and a lot of the 800 Meg interop frequencies, All of which I believe are listed under "State Agencies" in the CT database.

GKENY044

Premium Subscriber
Trooper 1 is usually on CH 49 on the CSP system. (Statewide Common 1 ). Unless they are assisting CSP they usually switch over to the PD of the city they are assisting, or another common frequency for interops.

Attachments

• 2008_06180019.jpg
    2008_06180019.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,291
  • 2008_06180025.jpg
    2008_06180025.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,713
  • 2008_06180026.jpg
    2008_06180026.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,937

eclipse175

That helo is sick. I have a bunch of pictures of the inside somewhere I will search for.

Correct - very often if they are out on an assist to local PD they operate on their frequency. They have the ability to transmit on whatever they want. More often than not they say hello on our FD frequency.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Fun Fact!

I dont know if anyone else picked up on this but the numbers in the tail number asssigned to the helo, N1903A correspond with the year that the CSP was created. The very first State Police force in the country, I believe!

Manny

chuck1960

I dont know if anyone else picked up on this but the numbers in the tail number asssigned to the helo, N1903A correspond with the year that the CSP was created. The very first State Police force in the country, I believe!

Manny

Sorry. The Massachusetts State Police was created in 1865, making it the oldest statewide law enforcement agency in the nation.

Ok! Not the first but certainly the very best!

Manny

Just who exactly are you trying to convince?

The only thing that the CSP has the best of is their uniforms, There's no doubt about that, but as far as everything else is concerned, They leave a lot to be desired.

joehawth

KB1RRG
So they can xmit on any freq eh?
Does anyone know anything about the radio(s) they use to do that?
What is the cost for a system like that, talking on every band in the 800MHz range, er at least every public service band.. and the CSP APCO-25 too? WOW
where do they stick it all?? thats a lot of equipment
what kind of antennae do they use, must be at least triband, AND aerodynamical? who makes those?

And to go even further..
do they have a database with every town freq and repeater CTCSS-DCS tone freq's plus input/output preprogrammed? That must be expensive!
If they can really do that that is truly amazing!
your tax dollars hard at work!

Joe, As far as the radios they actually use for stuff that's not P25/Trunked, I could only imagine it to be somewhat like what a regional medic, or possibly lifestar would use. Probably not one radio that does it all, But a few different radios that do it, As in, One for each band, And quite possibly with direct entry, Kinda like a modified ham rig in a way.

So they can xmit on any freq eh?
Does anyone know anything about the radio(s) they use to do that?
What is the cost for a system like that, talking on every band in the 800MHz range, er at least every public service band.. and the CSP APCO-25 too? WOW
where do they stick it all?? thats a lot of equipment
what kind of antennae do they use, must be at least triband, AND aerodynamical? who makes those?

And to go even further..
do they have a database with every town freq and repeater CTCSS-DCS tone freq's plus input/output preprogrammed? That must be expensive!
If they can really do that that is truly amazing!
your tax dollars hard at work!

cg

Premium Subscriber
The most common that I heard about were Wulfsberg aircraft radios. They can be set up to cover 30-960, hundreds of presets, P25, encryption, Motorola trunking, P25 trunking, etc.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.